Just some stupid pictures at the range

Discuss the FN Five-seveN line of pistols and accessories.

Moderator: blueorison

Maher

Just some stupid pictures at the range

Post by Maher » 16 Jun 2011, 14:22

Took some bad food storage out to the range to shoot. I shot 4 identical cans of cream corn with a SS195, SS197 and two cans with a JHP 9mm +P round out of my Glock 17. I shot the glock twice because my first shot was not centered. Also shot some phone books and ALOT of bad cans of tomato paste. I think they were 8 ounce cans. I don't remember how big the corn was, but it was your standard can size for something like that.

Just some stupid pictures. Enjoy

Here's the phonebook

Here's the 9mm that was low

Here's the 9mm that was in the center

This is the SS195

This is the SS197

The SS197 clearly did the most damage to the can, but the SS195 seemed to do the least. Probably because the can was so short that it didn't have a chance to really tumble.

The tomato paste cans (Sorry, didn't take any pictures) all popped pretty good when shot with each round, but when I hit them with the SS197, the paste REALLY flew. I ended up getting a huge splatter on my pants and I was standing about 35 yards away. One can shot a big glop about about 25 feet in the air. Good times :)
Last edited by Rapier1772 on 16 Jun 2011, 14:39, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed img tags

Gramaton Cleric
Gold Member
custom title: Gun Kata

Re: Just some stupid pictures at the range

Post by Gramaton Cleric » 17 Jun 2011, 14:34

Nice
Aim small,Miss Small!
NRA LIFE Member
Prior Planning Prevents **** Poor Performance.

Maher

Post by Maher » 26 Jun 2011, 21:46

One thing that I just noticed as I was re-looking at these pics. The 9mm JHP +p round split the can virtually at the front of the can, while the SS197 didn't split it for almost an inch. That make me think of that report that Brass Fetchers did on the S4m and SS195 vs the .45 ACP jhp +p round. The JHP seemed to dump alot of its energy right away, while the SS197 traveled further in before it really started to dump its energy. The SS195 was even further. Just goes to show how both rounds are designed better when compaired to JHP rounds

ShockedNKansas
custom title: G0 SH0X

Post by ShockedNKansas » 26 Jun 2011, 23:21

Thanks for taking the time to post your FsN action shots! :thumb:

Maher

Post by Maher » 28 Jun 2011, 19:30

I should have taken some pictures of the tomato paste, but there really wasn't much left of the cans after then had been shot.