Two NEW firearm models chambered for 5.7x28mm by EXCEL ARMS

Discuss rifles chambered for the 5.7x28mm; P90, PS90, and AR57.
jmz5
Site Admin
custom title: Proprietor

Re: Two NEW firearm models chambered for 5.7x28mm by EXCEL A

Post by jmz5 » 17 Nov 2010, 12:05

Can't wait to get my hands on one!
كاف

fzr confused

Post by fzr confused » 23 Nov 2010, 21:01

any chance of you all making a bull barrel version of the X series down the road? i really like both rifles, and would love to have the bull barrel, but higher capacity is a big factor to me. that or any chance of a higher cap mag for the accelerator?

wahlspyder

Post by wahlspyder » 27 Nov 2010, 13:06

Finally got a chance to try out my new Excel MP-17 (Accelerator) which is the basis for one of the new 5.7's they are coming out with - thought you guys might want to know what I thought. The pistol is very well made and heavy. I have only put about 50 rounds through so far so take all of what I say with a grain of salt. Not feeding well yet but getting better so I don't think that will be a problem once I have fired some more rounds to break everything in. As far as shooting the pistol, two words come to mind - amazing and disappointing. Accuracy potential of this pistol is amazing. I believe it has the potential to be one of the most accurate pistols and by far the most accurate semi-auto I have ever fired. The disappointing comes in relationship to the trigger. It is the roughest stiffest most awful I have ever pulled. Remember, I only have just under 50 rounds down the pipe so far and should get better, but my Kel-Tec DAO's have better triggers and they are awful. Part of the reason there are so few rounds down the pipe is because I couldn't pull that trigger anymore. Bottom line - these guns have the potential to be great, but mine is ruined by a trigger that is (thus far) atrocious. Again - remember - less than 50 rounds fired so far. Will let you all know what I find as I shoot it more.

theflow

Post by theflow » 27 Nov 2010, 17:43

Very cool

darksidemxer

Post by darksidemxer » 28 Nov 2010, 19:08

Anyway to put a find out how many lbs it breaks at? I know my 10/22 breaks at 10lbs and that's too heavy for mme to wanna ttry any accuracy shooting

wahlspyder

Post by wahlspyder » 29 Nov 2010, 03:04

Wish I had a scale to try it. Took it out yesterday to try to get some more rounds through and quit from hand fatigue after 1 magazine.

panzermk2
Forum Supporter
Location: Around here it's more like what can we shoot through next.

Post by panzermk2 » 29 Nov 2010, 15:26

wahlspyder wrote:Wish I had a scale to try it. Took it out yesterday to try to get some more rounds through and quit from hand fatigue after 1 magazine.

Interesting maybe EA should look into trigger on the Excel system like we do on the FsN. These are all early production guns though and that might have something to do with it. Also takes at least 300 rounds to break a gun in it might/should get better.
Jay Wolf
Pr. Elite Ammunition

"Engineers, the oompa-loompas of science!"

Be'ein Tachbulot Yipol Am Veteshua Berov Yoetz

Excel Arms

Post by Excel Arms » 29 Nov 2010, 15:42

wahlspyder,

If you would like for us to take a look at your trigger we can get you a RA number for return shipment.. Normally there is not an issue with the trigger pull, It should be around 4 to 5 lbs..

or you can call us at 1-909-627-2404

THANKS!
EXCEL ARMS
MANUFACTURER OF INNOVATIVE WEAPON SYSTEMS

http://www.EXCELARMS.com

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK!
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Excel- ... 29?sk=info

panzermk2
Forum Supporter
Location: Around here it's more like what can we shoot through next.

Post by panzermk2 » 29 Nov 2010, 18:43

Well there you go.
Jay Wolf
Pr. Elite Ammunition

"Engineers, the oompa-loompas of science!"

Be'ein Tachbulot Yipol Am Veteshua Berov Yoetz

fzr confused

Post by fzr confused » 29 Nov 2010, 19:34

4-5lb trigger should be just fine for most people :)....of course there are always people that like to tweak it and make it even better though ;)

wahlspyder

Post by wahlspyder » 30 Nov 2010, 02:40

Well, Its nowhere near 4-5 lbs, but I haven't gotten through the recommended break-in either. Sounds like one way or another I'm going to have a good shooter though whether the trigger loosens up on its own or the good people at Excel take care of it.

jmz5
Site Admin
custom title: Proprietor

Post by jmz5 » 08 Dec 2010, 13:31

Any updates on the new models? I am anxious. :D
كاف

Excel Arms

Post by Excel Arms » 10 Dec 2010, 13:27

Hello we are finishing up some magazine tooling on the new models.. Still January seems to be the month of production availability!

We did have a great response to the new 5.7 line at our NASGW show last month, And our wholesalers already have placed orders for them. We will be attending ELLETT's and CAMFOUR's dealer shows next month, and invite anyone that is attending these shows to come by our booth and say Hi and view our new products!

Thanks to Elite Ammunition for sending some of their ammo! Cant wait to see how it performs in our line.. :guns:
MANUFACTURER OF INNOVATIVE WEAPON SYSTEMS

http://www.EXCELARMS.com

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK!
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Excel- ... 29?sk=info

buckett
custom title: Firefighter

Post by buckett » 10 Dec 2010, 13:39

Can't wait to get my hands on one of these!!
My goal in life: To be the next John Moses Browning.

It takes 43 muscles to frown... 17 muscles to smile... But only 3 for a proper trigger squeeze.

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod
custom title: UT/EA Pistol Captain

Post by blueorison » 10 Dec 2010, 13:56

Excel Arms wrote:Hello we are finishing up some magazine tooling on the new models.. Still January seems to be the month of production availability!

We did have a great response to the new 5.7 line at our NASGW show last month, And our wholesalers already have placed orders for them. We will be attending ELLETT's and CAMFOUR's dealer shows next month, and invite anyone that is attending these shows to come by our booth and say Hi and view our new products!

Thanks to Elite Ammunition for sending some of their ammo! Cant wait to see how it performs in our line.. :guns:
Well, they'll perform SUPER. But when you send EA (and me) some guns, then we can test them for you and when EA comes out with their tuned loads for the bbl length....

watch out....

hm. Come to think about it I wouldn't mind using one at a match to give it a TRUE test of how it runs, no range plinking involved. Just run and gun. Just wanted people to see how cool the EA ringer T's are :D

That's EA at the Carbine match.

Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity.
The shooter will always matter more than the gear ever will.
Stop relying on others to do the work for you.
Shoot more, worry less.

fooschnickens
custom title: ~( ̄∇ ̄~) (~ ̄∇ ̄)~

Post by fooschnickens » 26 Dec 2010, 12:39

You dick, gimme that RFB
http://www.f00tography.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Corporation: n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility.
-Ambrose Bierce

wahlspyder

Post by wahlspyder » 29 Jan 2011, 14:22

Update on Excel arms accelerator (.17HMR version)

Had reported on early heavy trigger and jamming from top half of the magazine. Happy to say that after firing a few more break in rounds, cleaning thoroughly, and oiling trigger group with synthetic oil all is well and the pistol is every bit as accurate as i'd hoped.

Lobo
Gold Member

Post by Lobo » 16 Apr 2011, 21:45

any updates on the 5.7 models?

Lobo

"In those days, men were real men, women were real women, and small furry
creatures from Alpha Centauri were REAL small furry creatures from Alpha
Centauri"

Adjuster

Post by Adjuster » 12 May 2011, 07:34

A CX4 type carbine that uses the standard FsN 20 round mags would be awesome. (And there are easy upgrades to make it a 30 rounder, or more.)

The AR style setup is nice too, as many are used to that platform, and can go from using a 9mm AR carbine to the 5.7x28 to keep carry rounds the same if using the FsN pistol for duty carry for example. (One of the things I love about the CX4 is the 92 mags from the pistol fit the carbine, and large capacity mags fit either as well.)

These appear to be very nice options, especially for the prices! :)

If the thumbhole stock'd setup used the FsN mags, that's it right there. 16.1" stainless fluted bull, and if I can be so bold, back up sights built into the optics mounting rail. (Peep type, under the mount, sure the sight radius is short, but they are only back up sights, and any holo type, or red dot can be mounted above it.)

It would be an awesome back up/truck weapon for duty carry.

Prepper
custom title: Sucker Punch

Post by Prepper » 12 May 2011, 09:37

Adjuster wrote:A CX4 type carbine that uses the standard FsN 20 round mags would be awesome. (And there are easy upgrades to make it a 30 rounder, or more.)

The AR style setup is nice too, as many are used to that platform, and can go from using a 9mm AR carbine to the 5.7x28 to keep carry rounds the same if using the FsN pistol for duty carry for example. (One of the things I love about the CX4 is the 92 mags from the pistol fit the carbine, and large capacity mags fit either as well.)

These appear to be very nice options, especially for the prices! :)

If the thumbhole stock'd setup used the FsN mags, that's it right there. 16.1" stainless fluted bull, and if I can be so bold, back up sights built into the optics mounting rail. (Peep type, under the mount, sure the sight radius is short, but they are only back up sights, and any holo type, or red dot can be mounted above it.)

It would be an awesome back up/truck weapon for duty carry.

:agree:
Better to have a tank when you don't need it then to need a tank when you don't have it.

II Thessalonians 3:8-12