What are you reading now?

General discussion.
Llagoud
custom title: A is A

What are you reading now?

Post by Llagoud » 21 Aug 2008, 06:34

I noticed quite a few readers here, and individual threads for specific books, and keep those coming.........
but how about a thread for just what is currently being read?
Sort of a running recommendation list?

I'm all over the board with books. Fiction, Non-Fiction, SciFi, Text etc.

I just started Yellow Fever, Black Goddess: The Coevolution of People and Plagues by Christopher Wills.
http://www.amazon.com/Yellow-Fever-Blac ... 850&sr=8-1
Wills combines a vivid, gripping history of the impact of diseases upon civilization with a sobering survey of current plagues such as AIDS and resurgent tuberculosis. He examines bubonic plague in the Byzantine Empire, which reemerged eight centuries later as Europe's Black Death; dispassionately reviews the unresolved controversy over whether Columbus had syphilis and introduced it to Spain; and follows the devastating course of malaria in West Africa, bejel (a syphilis-like disease) among Middle Eastern Bedouins and such scourges as yellow fever; yaws, an infectious, contagious tropical disease; typhoid; and Ebola. A biology professor at UC-San Diego, Wills maintains that pathogens have helped shape the diversity of complex ecosystems as well as humans' immunological and biochemical diversity. Furthermore, he suggests, some germs have made a "Faustian bargain," an evolutionary compromise, altering their structures to become dependent on the specific behavior of their chosen hosts. This more balanced, less alarmist report deserves a place alongside Laurie Garrett's The Coming Plague and Richard Preston's The Hot Zone. Photos.
So....what are you reading now?

wolcottaj

Re: What are you reading now?

Post by wolcottaj » 21 Aug 2008, 07:14

I am not a big reader but this is one of the books I read while deployed (and was passed around during down time). It is On Killing By Dave Grossman. Here is a review by Terence T. Gorski. One subject the review doesn't talk about. Is what your body goes through when you are in combat (what you think about and how your mind and body react). Also how much it has changed since the Civil War to todays combat.

This book is a "must read" for anyone who is seriously interested in the study violence and violence prevention. Lt. Col. Grossman does an excellent job of synthesizing the relevant literature related to the psychological effects of learning to kill while under the command of legitimate authority. He discusses the inherent resistance in most human beings to killing other people. He then discusses military training methods that have been designed to turn off that "don't kill" instinct in military personnel.

Grossman also discusses the traumatic stress induced by killing during combat and how the requirement to kill contributes to the psychiatric casualties of war. He also discusses the various methods of killing as determined by the psychological distance between the "killer" and the person being killed. He shows how the atrocities such as massacres periodically occur among "civilized" troops, operating under international laws of combat. He gives a number of case examples to show how the literature on killing actually emerged in real combat situations.

In his final chapter, Grossman describes how we are in fact imposing military type training that desensitizes people to violence and death upon our children in the form of graphically violent films and video games.

I strongly recommend this book to anyone interested in the dynamics of violence within society.

http://www.amazon.com/Killing-Psycholog ... 0316330116

Andy

panzermk2wife
Forum Supporter

Post by panzermk2wife » 21 Aug 2008, 08:40

I wish I had time to read "Big People Books" I love books on Serial Killers. But of coarse all I read are kid books. Some day I will read again :)
Visit Us on FaceBook
https://www.facebook.com/EliteAmmunition5.7x28mm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Leave Us Feedback on the Forum
http://www.fivesevenforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=8630" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cyberfly
Global Moderator
custom title: Mens Room Attendant

Post by Cyberfly » 21 Aug 2008, 09:26

NeXt by Michael Crichton.
We live in a time of momentous scientific leaps, a time when it's possible to sell our eggs and sperm online for thousands of dollars and to test our spouses for genetic maladies.

We live in a time when one fifth of all our genes are owned by someone else, and an unsuspecting person and his family can be pursued cross-country because they happen to have certain valuable genes within their chromosomes...

Devilishly clever, Next blends fact and fiction into a breathless tale of a new world where nothing is what it seems and a set of new possibilities can open at every turn.

Next challenges our sense of reality and notions of morality. Balancing the comic and the bizarre with the genuinely frightening and disturbing, Next shatters our assumptions and reveals shocking new choices where we least expect.

The future is closer than you think. --This text refers to the Hardcover edition.

From Publishers Weekly
Bestseller Crichton (Jurassic Park) once again focuses on genetic engineering in his cerebral new thriller, though the science involved is a lot less far-fetched than creating dinosaurs from DNA. In an ambitious effort to show what's wrong with the U.S.'s current handling of gene patents and with the laws governing human tissues, the author interweaves many plot strands, one involving a California researcher, Henry Kendall, who has mixed human and chimp DNA while working at NIH. Kendall produces an intelligent hybrid whom he rescues from the government and tries to pass off as a fully human child. Some readers may be disappointed by the relative lack of action, the lame attempts to lighten the mood with humor (especially centering on an unusually bright parrot named Gerard), and the contrived convergence of the main characters toward the end. Still, few can match Crichton in crafting page-turners with intellectual substance, and his opinions this time are less likely to create a firestorm than his controversial take on global warming in 2004's State of Fear.
Never confuse 'The will of the Majority' with 'The will of God'.
**This post created with 100% recycled photons!**

jmz5
Site Admin

Post by jmz5 » 21 Aug 2008, 09:35

Sounds like a good book Fly, going to have to get a copy.
كاف

f3rr37
Site Admin

Post by f3rr37 » 21 Aug 2008, 09:36

I've been reading the forum, lots of HTML, PHP, and JavaScript.

:D

wolcottaj

Post by wolcottaj » 21 Aug 2008, 09:43

f3rr37 wrote:I've been reading the forum, lots of HTML, PHP, and JavaScript.

:D

Glad I am not doing that! :wall:

Grantness

Post by Grantness » 21 Aug 2008, 09:54

You guys need to read "Lone Survivor" by Marcus Luttrel. Best work of non-fiction ive ever read. Its about a navy seal team that gets ambushed in afgahnistan and one man's incredible tale of survival. Here is a good review: http://www.iht.com/articles/2007/08/09/arts/lone.php Trust me on this one, this book absolutely rocks! I cant believe they havent made a movie out of it yet.

Cyberfly
Global Moderator

Post by Cyberfly » 21 Aug 2008, 11:02

Okay. That one is next on my list!

BIGCAP

Post by BIGCAP » 21 Aug 2008, 15:03

Grantness wrote:You guys need to read "Lone Survivor" by Marcus Luttrel. Best work of non-fiction ive ever read. Its about a navy seal team that gets ambushed in afgahnistan and one man's incredible tale of survival. Here is a good review: http://www.iht.com/articles/2007/08/09/arts/lone.php Trust me on this one, this book absolutely rocks! I cant believe they havent made a movie out of it yet.

I did not know they had a book out on this op. I will have to pick it up. I remember this from the news.

murphies_finest
custom title: King Thread Killer.

Post by murphies_finest » 27 Aug 2008, 04:43

My favorite author is Jeffrey Deaver I have read almost all of his books! If anyone saw the movie "the bone collector" with denzel washington and bradgelina jolie this is that movies's author. currently right now I am readin a book called "The Fraternity of the Stone" the book was published in 1985. its about an assassin who work for a group called "scalpel" and he decides not to do his last job but to join the catholic church and become a Carthusian Monk. its pretty good so far.
Keep Working Millions on Welfare Depend on YOU.

ArtosDracon
Banned

Post by ArtosDracon » 27 Aug 2008, 04:49

At the moment? 57forum. What are you reading? :skep:

Llagoud

Post by Llagoud » 27 Aug 2008, 05:44

ArtosDracon wrote:At the moment? 57forum. What are you reading? :skep:
That right there ^!

I'm about 1/2 way through Yellow Fever, Black Goddess.
It's good, just a bit dry.
Amazing how many recent plague outbreaks go unreported in MSM.

Cyberfly
Global Moderator

Post by Cyberfly » 27 Aug 2008, 07:31

Just started Steven King's series, the Gunslinger - the Dark Tower. My wife has been trying to get me to read it for 10 years. For my birthday she bought me the series and has guilted me into starting it. To say that it starts out 'dry' is...well, accurate. For those who have read it and remember how the book opens, you understand.

Grantness

Post by Grantness » 27 Aug 2008, 09:14

Im reading Lee's Modern Reloading 2nd Edition :D

Esteves
Wiki Moderator
custom title: Shhh!

Post by Esteves » 27 Aug 2008, 09:19

panzermk2wife wrote:I wish I had time to read "Big People Books" ... But of coarse all I read are kid books. Some day I will read again :)
+1
--
S
© 2004-2019 Esteves

Political tags — such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative,
and so forth — are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want
people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.

flyingirish04
Gold Member
custom title: Mtn Man in Flatland

Post by flyingirish04 » 27 Aug 2008, 09:53

I am a reader, and I often read a few books at one time. Right now I am reading the Reagan Diaries, The Price of Silence, and Lords of Chaos. The first is self-explanitory, the second is a book about WitSec that was written by a friend of mine's dad. The last is about the black metal underground musicians and their apparent realationship with Satanic cults. It is a pretty interesting book. I like to expand my horizons and this book does that. It takes a look at the some hate crimes and church burnings throughout the world and the fact that they were carried out by members of Satanic Rock Bands. It focuses on a bunch of Scandanavian events and bands. Pretty interesting.

One book that I recommend for everyone is Blood Meridian or The Evening Redness in the West by Cormac McCarthy (he wrote No Country for Old Men, also very good). Blood Meridian may be one of the greatest novels ever written in the English language and is based on a historic scalping party that operated in the 1850s along the TX and Mexico boarder, killing Indians and selling their scalps. The book is pure poetry. Bloody, violent, raw, unadulterated poetry.
Killed Two Stones with One Bird.

panzermk2
Forum Supporter

Post by panzermk2 » 27 Aug 2008, 10:50

Mark Green

War Stories of the Tankers,

sub title
American Armored Combat 1918 to Today
Jay Wolf
Pr. Elite Ammunition

"Engineers, the oompa-loompas of science!"

Be'ein Tachbulot Yipol Am Veteshua Berov Yoetz

flyingirish04
Gold Member
custom title: Mtn Man in Flatland

Post by flyingirish04 » 27 Aug 2008, 12:11

panzermk2 wrote:Mark Green

War Stories of the Tankers,

sub title
American Armored Combat 1918 to Today
Shocker :ponder:
Killed Two Stones with One Bird.

f3rr37
Site Admin

Post by f3rr37 » 27 Aug 2008, 12:19

flyingirish04 wrote:Shocker :ponder:
Who would have thought? :?: :laugh:

gw45acp
Gold Member

Post by gw45acp » 27 Aug 2008, 12:49

Grantness wrote:You guys need to read "Lone Survivor" by Marcus Luttrel. Best work of non-fiction ive ever read. Its about a navy seal team that gets ambushed in afgahnistan and one man's incredible tale of survival. Here is a good review: http://www.iht.com/articles/2007/08/09/arts/lone.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Trust me on this one, this book absolutely rocks! I cant believe they havent made a movie out of it yet.
Ok. I had to go out at lunch and hit B&N to buy a copy. I was hooked just by reading the intro. Thanks for the tip.
"How the Hell did I get here?"

gw45acp
Gold Member

Post by gw45acp » 27 Aug 2008, 12:51

Esteves wrote:
panzermk2wife wrote:I wish I had time to read "Big People Books" ... But of coarse all I read are kid books. Some day I will read again :)
+1
+some. Seems like most of what I read has Little Critter or Curious George on the cover.
"How the Hell did I get here?"

Grantness

Post by Grantness » 27 Aug 2008, 19:11

I love how the book takes you all the way from boot camp to his Navy Seal training to afgahnistan. If they didnt tell you it was based on a true story, I wouldnt have believed it happened. Incredible story to say the least...

smokinjoe
Gold Member

Post by smokinjoe » 30 Aug 2008, 14:27

Just finished The Last Centurion by John Ringo. Lots of background on farming, disease, military and other subjects. The story seems at least possible, and the main character is written well, but it's a little short on action for my tastes. I'd give it a 6 out of 10.

It looks like Lone Survivor will have to be next on my list...

Phleborrhagia

Post by Phleborrhagia » 30 Aug 2008, 20:41

On average I read 4-6 books at one time, and that only lasts me a little more than a week (I only watch one hour of TV a week). Right now though, I'm only reading one at the moment - funds are short beacuse of a new semester at school :( . I'm reading 'In The Event of My Untimely Demise: 20 Things My Son Needs To Know' by Brian Sack. It's pretty good so far, just started reading it on and off again a few days ago - had to devote too much time to studying, lol - and some parts of it will crack you up; but dont let that fool you though, there's important lessons behind it all (for those that have read it already or are reading it now, you know what I mean).

Before that, I finished reading 'Acid Dreams - The Complete Social History of LSD: The CIA, The Sixties, and Beyond' by Martin A. Lee & Bruce Shlain and re-read 'Spook Country' by William Gibson (one of my favorite authors).

Grr, thanks for reminding me that I need to go out and order more books, lol.

MrSlippyFist
Global Moderator
custom title: Sweeper

Post by MrSlippyFist » 30 Aug 2008, 21:00

Empire by Orson Scott Card

He's one of my favorite authors even though he's mormon.

I used to read alot, but lately haven't been able to stay with a book.
Embrace the Suck

Wollychop

Post by Wollychop » 31 Aug 2008, 06:40

Sword Song by Bernard Cornwell, one of my favorite authors. His Sharp's series is great too.

Haven't picked the next on the list though. Might downshift to the Calvin and Hobbes collection, a real guilty pleasure for me :D

Llagoud

Post by Llagoud » 01 Sep 2008, 12:33

And now for something completely different (for me anyhow)

Jimmy Buffett "A Salty Piece of Land"

http://www.amazon.com/Salty-Piece-Land- ... 025&sr=8-1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Buffett's first new novel in a decade, a groovily laid-back, ramblingly anecdotal, sun-soaked bit of Caribbean escapism that his Parrothead fans will relish like another chorus of "Margaritaville." Tully Mars, a 40-ish ex-cowboy turned guide at the Lost Boys Fishing Lodge island resort, undertakes various sojourns around the Caribbean, to Mayan ruins, a jungle safari camp, a spring break bacchanal in Belize. Nothing much happens—"That day, we spent the rest of the daylight hours on the shallow waters of Ascension Bay and the lagoon amid incredible natural beauty unlike anything I had ever seen before" is about as busy as it gets—except that Tully meets a parade of colorful natives and expatriates, including a Mayan medicine man, a British commando and a 103-year-old woman who skippers a sailing schooner and wants to restore a historic lighthouse on Cayo Loco, the titular island.

This book is as cheery and tropical as Buffet's music.
Perfect reading for out on the roof.

greyghost471

Post by greyghost471 » 02 Sep 2008, 21:44

Reading The Gift of Fear by Gavin De Becker

Amazon.com
Each hour, 75 women are raped in the United States, and every few seconds, a woman is beaten. Each day, 400 Americans suffer shooting injuries, and another 1,100 face criminals armed with guns. Author Gavin de Becker says victims of violent behavior usually feel a sense of fear before any threat or violence takes place. They may distrust the fear, or it may impel them to some action that saves their lives. A leading expert on predicting violent behavior, de Becker believes we can all learn to recognize these signals of the "universal code of violence," and use them as tools to help us survive. The book teaches how to identify the warning signals of a potential attacker and recommends strategies for dealing with the problem before it becomes life threatening. The case studies are gripping and suspenseful, and include tactics for dealing with similar situations.
People don't just "snap" and become violent, says de Becker, whose clients include federal government agencies, celebrities, police departments, and shelters for battered women. "There is a process as observable, and often as predictable, as water coming to a boil." Learning to predict violence is the cornerstone to preventing it. De Becker is a master of the psychology of violence, and his advice may save your life.

From Library Journal
Perhaps we have a bad feeling about someone we've just met, or a little gnawing perception that a situation just doesn't "feel right," or perhaps even a fear that a co-worker might do something harmful. What de Becker, renowned expert on violent behavior, explains here is that instead of shrugging off these fears, we need to listen to them, see why we're having them, and act accordingly. Far from being silly intuitions, often these can truly show when something is wrong and violence might be imminent; if listened to, along with information about how violent people behave, these feelings might protect us from harm. Using examples from cases on which he's worked and even from his own childhood of domestic violence de Becker shows how instinct, and knowledge, can warn us of impending violence, whether by stalkers, family members, predators, or people in the workplace. Expertly read by Tom Stechschulte, the book gives sound information (e.g., a detailed listing of behaviors predators use to ensnare victims) in a way that should be helpful to all listeners. Indeed, one of the best parts of this audio version is an epilog, going over some of the letters the author has received since the book's original publication in 1997, which tell, in gripping stories, just how great a gift one's intuition, and knowing how to use it, can be.

ArtosDracon
Banned

Post by ArtosDracon » 02 Sep 2008, 22:08

I generally don't read books anymore, can't find the time when I want to and can't seem to stay interested in a regular book for that long. I read lots of manuals for random things, magazines, instructional guides and the such, I watch lots of discovery channel too.

wetwrks

Post by wetwrks » 03 Sep 2008, 00:22

Ok, most of my reading follows sci-fi and fantasy. So with that in mind:

I'm sure most of you have already read most of the series but for those who haven't, you need to pick up the BOLO novels. Always fun to read about city block sized tank warfare. Expecially so when those tanks are sentient and then some even capable of "morals".

I would always recommend the Amber Chronicles.

For good fantasy based mercenary squad type action I would suggest the Black Company novels. You need to get past the first book as it sets up the world and its politics. After that the series flies.

As recommended above, the books by Orson Scott Card are worth reading. I have read most of the Ender's Game books.

Grantness

Post by Grantness » 28 Oct 2008, 10:32

Vince Flynn's newest book, "Extreme Measures" just came out...and I cant put it down! His books are so timely and relevant. The way he portrays the PC liberal politicians is spot on....and it just makes your blood boil (because its so TRUE). All of his books are good reads. Not exactly literature, but they're still loads of fun. Fast paced, thrilling, cant stop reading until I finish.

Here's a brief review from Amazon ( http://www.amazon.com/Extreme-Measures- ... 259&sr=8-1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ):

Vince Flynn's thrillers, featuring counterterrorism operative Mitch Rapp, have dominated the imagination of readers everywhere. In them, Flynn has captured the secretive world of the fearless men and women, who, bound by duty, risk their lives in a covert war they must hide from even their own political leaders.

Now, Rapp and his protege, Mike Nash, may have met their match. The CIA has detected and intercepted two terrorist cells, but a third is feared to be on the loose. Led by a dangerous mastermind obsessed with becoming the leader of al-Qaeda, this determined and terrifying group is about to descend on America.

Rapp needs the best on this assignment, and Nash, who has served his government honorably for sixteen years first as an officer in the Marine Corps and then as an operative in an elite counterterrorism team run by Rapp is his choice. Together, they have made careers out of meeting violence with extreme violence and have never wavered in the fight against the jihadists and their culture of death. Both have fought the war on terrorism in secret without accolades or acknowledgment of their personal sacrifices. Both have been forced to lie to virtually every single person they care about, and both have soldiered on with the knowledge that their hard work and lethal tactics have saved thousands of lives.

But the political winds have changed in America, and certain leaders on Capitol Hill are pushing to have men like Rapp and Nash put back on a short leash. And then one spring afternoon in Washington, DC, everything changes.

BTW...in the acknowledgment section of his last book, he thanks FN and says the FsN is awesome :D I cant say for sure, but I seem to remember him talking about the Secret Service agents using the FsN in that book.

Llagoud

Post by Llagoud » 28 Oct 2008, 12:02

I'm reading modern Reloading 2nd Edition and Archaeological Study Bible, a gift from Mo.

Both good reads that will be read and re-read, then put on the shelf for reference.

Sniperjoe
Gold Member

Post by Sniperjoe » 29 Oct 2008, 12:52

Im reading textbooks :( , lots and lots of textbooks :wall:

jmz5
Site Admin

Post by jmz5 » 29 Oct 2008, 13:09

Gross Margin: 26 Factors Affecting Your Bottom Line by Bill Lee
كاف

panzermk2
Forum Supporter

Post by panzermk2 » 29 Oct 2008, 16:50

cover to cover

CATECHISM OF THE CATHOLIC CHURCH
Jay Wolf
Pr. Elite Ammunition

Ariac

Post by Ariac » 29 Oct 2008, 23:03

Heroditus' The Histories, and then Hesiod's Theogony

panzermk2wife
Forum Supporter

Post by panzermk2wife » 29 Oct 2008, 23:15

gw45acp wrote:+some. Seems like most of what I read has Little Critter or Curious George on the cover.
Children's Bible Stories, Little Bill, Oswald...etc for me

I love books on Serial Killers, but still no time
Visit Us on FaceBook
https://www.facebook.com/EliteAmmunition5.7x28mm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Leave Us Feedback on the Forum
http://www.fivesevenforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=8630" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Llagoud

Post by Llagoud » 03 Nov 2008, 13:53

I spent the day sitting in the Jury Selection room....and got 75 pages into
Brad Thor's 'The Last Patriot'.......good read.

http://www.amazon.com/Last-Patriot-Thri ... 980&sr=8-1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

June 632 A.D.: Deep within the Uranah Valley of Mount Arafat in Mecca, the Prophet Mohammed shares with his closest companions a final and startling revelation. Within days, he is assassinated.

September 1789: U.S. Minister to France Thomas Jefferson, who is charged with forging a truce with the violent Muslim pirates of the Barbary Coast, makes a shocking discovery - one that could forever impact the world's relationship with Islam.

Present day: When a car bomb explodes outside a Parisian café, Scot Harvath is thrust back into the life he has tried so desperately to leave behind.

Saving the intended victim of the attack, Harvath becomes party to an amazing and perilous race to uncover a secret so powerful that militant Islam could be defeated once and for all without firing another shot, dropping another bomb, or launching another covert action.

But as desperate as the American government is to have the information brought to light, there are powerful forces aligned against it - men who are just as determined that Mohammed's mysterious final revelation continue to remain hidden forever.

What Jason Bourne was to the Cold War, Scot Harvath is to the War on Terror. Brad Thor has created "the perfect all-American hero for the post September 11 world" (Nelson DeMille) and will keep readers glued to the pages as he once again takes them across the globe on a heart-pounding chase where the stakes are higher than they have ever been before.

Llagoud

Post by Llagoud » 05 Nov 2008, 14:44

Finished Brad Thor today and read 2/3 of Jimmy Buffet's Margueritaville in the selection room.

I see now I was supposed to read it before 'A Salty Piece of Land' but it's all tying together in a bassakwards way.

It's a good light read. Lots of chuckles.

Boxing Buffalo
Banned

Post by Boxing Buffalo » 05 Nov 2008, 19:10

I'm reading the Blackwater book from Jeremy Schahill.

I'm not into it far enough to give it a thumbs up or down.

Gunslinger

Post by Gunslinger » 28 Nov 2008, 13:34

The Dark Tower series.

I bought the books for my wife over the years, as they came out. She thought I’d get a kick out of them. So I gave it a shot. I’m almost done with the last book, and I can say some of it was a wee bit wordy, but it has been a good and fun read over all.

You still hanging in there with the ka-tet sai Fly?

Cyberfly
Global Moderator

Post by Cyberfly » 28 Nov 2008, 17:05

I'm in the Calla at the moment. About 3/4 of the way through, thankee sai. I found it disappointing that sai King stated he was going to bring characters from his other books to Roland's world, but Callahan has fit in well from Salem's Lot and I was upset that Flagg, everybody's bad guy was Marten. But I'm sure that the series will live up to sai King's previous works.
I find myself looking at doors in a whole different way these days.
...and wishing.

Wollychop

Post by Wollychop » 28 Nov 2008, 18:42

Never read the Dark Tower series.... May have to :ponder:

Just got done reading one of my favorite author's early works, Bernard Cornwell's _Stonehenge_. He wrote the Sharps series and the Saxon Chronicles.

Great historical story telling.

f3rr37
Site Admin

Post by f3rr37 » 29 Nov 2008, 15:17

Reading, "The Christmas Sweater" by Glenn Beck.
Just finished up Lee Child's, "One Shot" and "Nothing To Lose" last week.

Llagoud

Post by Llagoud » 30 Nov 2008, 05:05

I'm re-reading Geek Love by Katherine Dunn. It's been a few years.

It's a story told from the perspective of a female hunchback albino dwarf who's considered to be too normal to have any real value to the rest of the family.
Art and Lily, owners of Binewski's Fabulon, a traveling carnival, decide to breed their own freak show by creating genetically altered children through the use of experimental drugs. "What greater gift could you offer your children than an inherent ability to earn a living just by being themselves?" muses Lily. Eventually their family consists of Arty, aka Arturo the Aqua Boy, born with flippers instead of limbs, who performs swimming inside a tank and soon learns how to manipulate his audience; Electra and Iphigenia, Siamese twins and pianists; the narrator, Oly; and Fortunato, also called the Chick, who seems normal at birth, but whose telekinetic powers become apparent just as his brokenhearted parents are about to abandon him.

Heavyarms

Post by Heavyarms » 01 Dec 2008, 20:06

I just read the book 5000 year lease great read for anyone who belives in the Constitution and now im reading The book Dont start the revolution without me by Jesse ventura. After that i was thinking of getting the Ted nugent book Ted white and blue.............Hal

MrSlippyFist
Global Moderator
custom title: Sweeper

Post by MrSlippyFist » 01 Dec 2008, 20:56

Adam Carolla had Jesse Ventura on his show recently, that guy is a hoot.
Embrace the Suck

Llagoud

Post by Llagoud » 05 Dec 2008, 05:43

Back to some non-fiction....

Stealth Jihad: How Radical Islam is Subverting America without Guns or Bombs

http://www.amazon.com/Stealth-Jihad-Rad ... 367&sr=8-1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Llagoud

Post by Llagoud » 16 Dec 2008, 15:43

I just started The Politically Incorrect Guide to the Civil War

http://www.amazon.com/Politically-Incor ... 646&sr=1-1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Product Description
Get ready for a rousing rebel yell as bestselling author H.W. Crocker, III (Robert E. Lee on Leadership) charges through bunkers and battlefields in The Politically Incorrect Guide(TM) to the Civil War. Crocker busts myths and shatters stereotypes as he profiles eminent--and colorful--military generals while taking readers through chapters such as "The Civil War in Sixteen Battles You Should Know" and culminating in the most politically incorrect chapter of all, "What if the South Had Won." Revealing little-known truths, like why Robert E. Lee had a higher regard for African Americans than Lincoln did, this is the "P.I.G." that every Civil War buff and Southern partisan will want on their bookshelf, in their classroom, and under their Christmas tree.

"I have no purpose, directly or indirectly, to interfere with the institution of slavery where it exists.
I believe I have no lawful right to do so, and I have no inclination to do so." Abraham Lincoln, First Inaugural Address, March 4, 1861

"In this enlightened age, there are few I believe, but will acknowledge, that slavery as an institution, is a moral and political evil in any Country.
It is useless to expatiate on its disadvantages" -General Robert E. Lee

[The people of the Deep South] "tread but in the paths of our fathers when we proclaim our independence and take the hazard...not in hostility to others, not even for our own pecuniary benefit, but from the high and solemn motive of defending the rights we inherited, and which it is our duty to transmit unshorn to our children" -Jefferson Davis

Wollychop

Post by Wollychop » 16 Dec 2008, 18:25

To make an unpopular case, I believe that the south had every right to seceed from the union. If the acts of Lincoln's government were undertaken today we would decry them as unconsitutional and extreme, in the least. Nathan Bedford Forrest is a personal hero. I love the print of him lifting the yankee as a human shield as he rides away.

That's why I have a poster that says "re-elect Jeff Davis". It's not the favorite of every 1SG I've had, but who cares?

Another good book in that realm is "The South Was Right". You might enjoy it.

Cyberfly
Global Moderator

Post by Cyberfly » 17 Dec 2008, 11:55

You, sir, are a racist!
hehehe, just kidding. I've known the south was right for years, but getting others to actually listen to FACTS is near impossible. They all want to throw out the race card.
They want to hear nothing about 'state's rights', they want to wrap everything around slavery.

jmz5
Site Admin

Post by jmz5 » 30 Dec 2008, 09:35

Currently reading Survive! by Les Stroud. Pretty good and informative so far. :thumb:
كاف

Devildawg

Post by Devildawg » 30 Dec 2008, 12:55

For any American History buffs, American Rifle, a biography by Alexander Rose is pretty enlightening. It should be required reading for the liberal bedwetters teaching our youth in the public schools. It was one of my Christmas presents. :patriot:

Wollychop

Post by Wollychop » 30 Dec 2008, 17:23

jmz5 wrote:Currently reading Survive! by Les Stroud. Pretty good and informative so far. :thumb:
I really like Les Stroud's show. It's not all flash and drama like that Man vs Wild show. Now I'll have to check out the book.

jmz5
Site Admin

Post by jmz5 » 30 Dec 2008, 17:37

The show is done. :(
But Les is going to have a new show soon. I am only on chapter 4 of the book, but I definitely recommend getting it.
كاف

Rocky123

Post by Rocky123 » 30 Dec 2008, 17:57

Web of Debt by Ellen Brown details the current finanncial problems caused by private bankers controlling our money supply. (Federal Reserve, called by many a cartel of private banks)

On page 28 she details the 1969 forclosure trial of First National Bank of Montgomery vs. Daly. Jerome Daly (a lawyer who had the $14,00 mortgage) got the Bank president on the stand, and "...To everyone's surprise, Mr. Morgan admitted that the bank routinely created the money it lent "out of thin air", and that this was standard banking practice."

Every Federal Reserve note is a debt instrument upon whch someone is paying interest.

Best deal is the updated ebook at webofdebt.com

panzermk2
Forum Supporter

Post by panzermk2 » 30 Dec 2008, 18:08

Les's show is number one in the panzer house. I am looking forward to "Step Beyond" his new series. I really respect Him, Big time real!

Need to get his book.
Jay Wolf
Pr. Elite Ammunition

Llagoud

Post by Llagoud » 31 Dec 2008, 07:11

Wollychop wrote: Another good book in that realm is "The South Was Right". You might enjoy it.
Mo's mom gave me a B&N gift card. I just used it to order that book, thanks for the tip.

Mo and the grrlz gave me Nugent's 'God Guns and Rock and Roll" and "Ted White and Blue"

http://www.amazon.com/God-Guns-Rock-Rol ... 922&sr=8-1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.amazon.com/Ted-White-Blue-Nu ... gy_b_img_b" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am just starting the older of the two...G, G and R&R.

Llagoud

Post by Llagoud » 27 Jan 2009, 06:38

Wollychop wrote:"The South Was Right"
To reach a wider audience, this one needs to be repackaged.

If you hand a book with a Confederate Battle Flag, and the words "The South Was Right" on the cover to a yanqui,
what they will see is "You Suck, And Here Is Why"
They won't read it.

It needs a new cover, "More Shit the Goverment Has Been Lying To You About" to even get picked up by more readers.

This is an awesome read. I very much dislike being deceived and lied to, particurally by our government and there is a ton of good factual information here.

Not just 'the other side's opinion' but seriously F'd up shit that has been revised to standard teachings.

Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it. -George Santayana
How the hell can anything be learned from a revisionist history full of lies, half-truths and willful omissions?

More accurately;
History is the present. That's why every generation writes it anew. But what most people think of as history is its end product, myth.- E.L. Doctorow
History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.- Winston Churchill
Future years will never know the seething hell and the black infernal background, the countless minor scenes and interiors of the secession war; and it is best they should not. The real war will never get in the books.- Walt Whitman
Highly recommended. :thumb:

Wollychop

Post by Wollychop » 27 Jan 2009, 06:49

Glad you liked it.

It's right up there with "The Death of Common Sense" on my bookshelf.

FSNTAC

Post by FSNTAC » 27 Jan 2009, 07:53

Killoe by Loius Lamore.

Wollychop

Post by Wollychop » 03 Feb 2009, 06:26

Speaking of books, I'm reading "When in the Course of Human Events: Arguing the Case for Southern Secession" by Charles Adams. It is probably the most academically sound work on the topic I have read.

So far it is not so much a focus on legitimizing the southern secession, but rather the concept of secession as a legitimate political act, particularly given the origins of the United States. He details numerous threats of secession by states like NY and Mass (I always knew that New England states threatened secession several times, but never that one house of the Mass legislature actually passed a resolution to secede) and how the same people who supported those measures later purported to believe that secession was not an inherent right of the sovereign states.

It's really a fascinating and objective read. Lots of newspaper clips and political cartoons from the period. It also covers secessionist movements in Europe at the time, and how the US Government was supporting those efforts even up to moving troops into Virginia. One cartoon from Britain shows Lincoln and the Czar shaking hands and complaining to each other about their secessionist regions.

Very good read.

Just got Atlas Shrugged as well. Never actually read it, but figured I'd give it a go.

Esteves
Wiki Moderator
custom title: Shhh!

Post by Esteves » 03 Feb 2009, 08:14

Who is John Galt?
--
S
© 2004-2019 Esteves

Political tags — such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative,
and so forth — are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want
people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.

Wollychop

Post by Wollychop » 06 Feb 2009, 06:06

Esteves wrote:Who is John Galt?
I'm still trying to figure that out!

But I have to say, it is creepy. Many of the conversations in the novel so far between the leaders of failing enterprises, in which they discuss the importance of "social responsiblity" as opposed to pragmatic business approaches, and their blindness to the fact that they are running their businesses into the ground, and even patting themselves on the back for being "Socially conscious" while everything crumbles around them, is far too close to what I see on the news every day.

But I still wonder who the heck John Galt is :laugh:

Llagoud

Post by Llagoud » 02 May 2009, 15:03

Just got Atlas Shrugged as well.
As 'grish is my witness ( ;) ) I just bought a copy today at the Jason Lewis gig.
My desk is clear so I'll get into it right away......sucker's 2" thick.

Good to see you there flyingirish! Wish we coulda visited more....but we added to the head count.

Shooting with Mike and his gf on the 16th?

Wollychop

Post by Wollychop » 02 May 2009, 17:23

I've got a crush on Dagny Taggart.

jmz5
Site Admin

Post by jmz5 » 02 May 2009, 18:02

I'm reading the brownells catalog and highlighting parts I need for my 1911 build.
كاف

f3rr37
Site Admin

Post by f3rr37 » 02 May 2009, 18:15

I'm reading a collection of writings by Thomas Paine. Just finished "Common Sense" and am starting on "Rights of Man".

fatherfoof

Post by fatherfoof » 03 May 2009, 03:37

Coulter's Guilty and The Complete Works of Martin Luther.
Please PM Me for LE/Military Access

Llagoud

Post by Llagoud » 03 May 2009, 03:50

The Complete Works of Martin Luther
Sadly, a true story. A former rep of ours and I were talking about his Southron Minnesota accounts and I mentioned the Martin Luther College in New Ulm....he actually said "What the hell? There aren't any black people in New Ulm"
:lmao:

Not the sharpest tool in the shed, that one.

He is no longer with us.

fatherfoof

Post by fatherfoof » 03 May 2009, 14:59

Llag, How does one even respond to that? And he wrote laws? AGH!!! :wall:

Grantness

Post by Grantness » 06 May 2009, 09:14

Anybody read "Wildcat Cartridges" by Fred Zeglin? Is it worth $35 plus shipping?

Last edited by Grantness on 16 May 2009, 12:09, edited 1 time in total.

panzermk2
Forum Supporter

Post by panzermk2 » 06 May 2009, 10:15

Unless it's really piss poor any reference book like that is good to have around. If it blows sell it online.
Jay Wolf
Pr. Elite Ammunition

Grantness

Post by Grantness » 06 May 2009, 10:18

Its a reference book, but its also supposed to have a lot info on Wildcat design, chamber&die reaming, etc...

I went ahead and ordered it. It seemed to get a lot of good reviews, and was sold out at alot of places.

I guess I was worried it would be like another one of those generic reloading manuals. They all have the same info, virtually the same loads, and the same tables and charts.

panzermk2
Forum Supporter

Post by panzermk2 » 06 May 2009, 10:33

Let me know how it is. We may add it to our little library.
Jay Wolf
Pr. Elite Ammunition

Grantness

Post by Grantness » 06 May 2009, 11:21

sure thing :thumb:

Grantness

Post by Grantness » 16 May 2009, 12:19

Got my copy of "Wildcat Cartridges: The Reloader's Guide to Wildcat Cartridge Design" by Fred Zeglin today :clap: :monkey:

Its a GREAT book. Absolutely essential for anyone interested in reloading or designing wildcats (and "improved") cartridges...a subject thats hard to find much info on elsewhere. He goes into detail on the history of wildcatting, popular wildcats w/ schematics, descriptions, and loads, P.O. Ackley, Gibbs, Gebby, chamber and die reamers, cartridge design, and much more than I could begin to lay out. I am very impressed w/ this book. Its hard to find though. I had to order it off of EBay cause it was sold out at Midway and Amazon didnt have it...and the seller I eventually bought it from sold out almost immediately after the auction opened and took nearly a week to acquire more. It will definately make a nice addition to your gun/reloading library.

fatherfoof

Post by fatherfoof » 16 May 2009, 15:43

Finished Coulter, continuing Luther (the real Martin Luther-500 yrs ago) and started Why We Whisper by Sen. Jim DeMint- great discussion on why fags and heathens are in your face while all America whimpers in fear of being sued. Worst part is a good demonstration of how we end up paying for it all.

Grantness

Post by Grantness » 16 May 2009, 17:12

fatherfoof...shame!...dont you know you're not supposed to use the term "fag"?! I believe the politically correct phrase is "butt pirate".

Llagoud

Post by Llagoud » 03 Aug 2009, 04:39

Just finished Atlas Shrugged and passed it on, then burned through Glenn Beck's/Thomas Paine's Common Sense.

Just started Nugent's 'Ted White and Blue' It was a Christmas present sitting in the pile trying to percolate to the top.

f3rr37
Site Admin

Post by f3rr37 » 03 Aug 2009, 07:58

I'm working my way through Atlas Shrugged, almost 1/2 way through. Man its a long book... great read though.

abatis

Post by abatis » 03 Aug 2009, 11:13

Just started "One Second After" by W. Forstchen. I remember back in the 70s there was a high level of EMP awareness but I guess the government gave up trying to protect weapon systems/communications against the threat.
In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress.
- John Adams

Llagoud

Post by Llagoud » 10 Aug 2009, 05:53

I just finished The Nugent Manifesto and am starting World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War

http://www.amazon.com/World-War-Oral-Hi ... 053&sr=8-1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I promised Mo I'd throw some fiction in the mix as too much non-fiction makes me twitchy.

panzermk2
Forum Supporter

Post by panzermk2 » 10 Aug 2009, 07:54

Survival in the Outdoors, Byron Dalrymple always good to review

Common Sense, Glenn Beck
Jay Wolf
Pr. Elite Ammunition

classical_buff

Post by classical_buff » 18 Aug 2009, 20:56

Just finished "Eeben Barlow's autobiography: Executive Outcomes - Against all Odds"

Vortec MAX
Gold Member

Post by Vortec MAX » 18 Aug 2009, 22:52

panzermk2 wrote:Survival in the Outdoors, Byron Dalrymple always good to review

Common Sense, Glenn Beck
That's my next book. I am just finishing up "Cell" by Stephen King.

Mike

f3rr37
Site Admin

Post by f3rr37 » 19 Aug 2009, 07:52

I read "Cell" a few years ago, interesting read, decent book.

Llagoud

Post by Llagoud » 11 Oct 2009, 03:21

I'm just getting started on Dave Ramsey's 'Financial Peace Revisited'

He's a funny guy. I listened to three of his cds on the drive to Fairmont and back last week.

Wollychop

Post by Wollychop » 11 Oct 2009, 06:19

Yup my wife and I have read his books and are on the program. Stuff works... As long as you stick to it :laugh:

Llagoud

Post by Llagoud » 26 Oct 2009, 10:43

I just started Diana Gabaldon's "An Echo In The Bone"

A mix of fiction with a ton of historical accuracy.
Diana Gabaldon’s brilliant storytelling has captivated millions of readers in her bestselling and award-winning Outlander saga. Now, in An Echo in the Bone, the enormously anticipated seventh volume, Gabaldon continues the extraordinary story of the eighteenth-century Scotsman Jamie Fraser and his twentieth-century time-traveling wife, Claire Randall.

Jamie Fraser, former Jacobite and reluctant rebel, is already certain of three things about the American rebellion: The Americans will win, fighting on the side of victory is no guarantee of survival, and he’d rather die than have to face his illegitimate son–a young lieutenant in the British army–across the barrel of a gun.

Claire Randall knows that the Americans will win, too, but not what the ultimate price may be. That price won’t include Jamie’s life or his happiness, though–not if she has anything to say about it.

Meanwhile, in the relative safety of the twentieth century, Jamie and Claire’s daughter, Brianna, and her husband, Roger MacKenzie, have resettled in a historic Scottish home where, across a chasm of two centuries, the unfolding drama of Brianna’s parents’ story comes to life through Claire’s letters. The fragile pages reveal Claire’s love for battle-scarred Jamie Fraser and their flight from North Carolina to the high seas, where they encounter privateers and ocean battles–as Brianna and Roger search for clues not only to Claire’s fate but to their own. Because the future of the MacKenzie family in the Highlands is mysteriously, irrevocably, and intimately entwined with life and death in war-torn colonial America.

With stunning cameos of historical characters from Benedict Arnold to Benjamin Franklin, An Echo in the Bone is a soaring masterpiece of imagination, insight, character, and adventure–a novel that echoes in the mind long after the last page is turned.

f3rr37
Site Admin

Post by f3rr37 » 26 Oct 2009, 11:26

Reading The Federalist Papers when I have time.

alled12

Post by alled12 » 31 Oct 2009, 08:19

In recent weeks I have read a few books in between finishing my degree.
Sniper one, brilliant simple as that, its about the prince of wales regiment in almarah, an area of the iraq war that had very little coverage, it was also the regiment of Private Beharry the last recipient of the VC our nations highest honour. He was the first to recieve it since the falklands in 1982 and the first living recipient of it since two australians were awarded it during Vietnam. The book doesnt really focus on Beharry's actions, more on the sniper teams who were on watch over the town. They were effectively under siege, for those who like there action real read it you cant get more real than this, there is a highly entertaining moment involving a spectre gunship.
8 lives down, book by an ATO (ammunition technical officer) who was involved with bomb disposal in southern iraq, really good engaging read, nerve shredding at times. How these guys do it repeatedly I have no idea.
Marine sniper, carlos hathcock, is sat ready to be read looks good and should be very interesting.
Dunblane unburied, another look at what happened that day and the resulting legislation banning handguns, I am only just into it I will publish a full review in due course.

Llagoud

Post by Llagoud » 31 Oct 2009, 11:08

Dunblane unburied
Thanks, still looking for a reasonably priced copy over here.....$73 at Amazon, doesn't exist at ebay and I see it at amazon.uk for £10.00 +6.75 s/h.....

It looks good. I also see that her former partner has an opposing opinion and book.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/u ... 737697.ece" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
PARENTS whose children died in Dunblane have condemned the publication on the 10th anniversary of the killings of a book funded by pro-gun campaigners that challenges the firearms ban introduced in the wake of the tragedy.
The book, Dunblane Unburied, has been written by Sandra Uttley, the former partner of Dr Mick North, an anti-gun campaigner whose five-year-old daughter, Sophie, was killed in the massacre.

It has been funded by the Sportsman’s Association of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, which is campaigning for a repeal of the 1997 Firearms (Amendments) Act, which banned ownership of handguns.

alled12

Post by alled12 » 31 Oct 2009, 14:54

Llagoud
I didnt know that the dip sh@t Mick North was her ex, that just makes it even more interesting. He is the man who is trying to get all guns banned. He looked at the same evidnece that was released for about 5 minutes and concluded that the government was right to ban had guns. Unfortuantely somebody forgot to tell them that banning guns doesnt work, it hasnt since and it will never work, criminals defacto dont listen to laws. You'll like this one an MP stood up in the house of commons last year and said that all automatics should be banned, he was chastised by a number of colleagues and pulled back down to his seat. It really goes to show just how little people know about our sport in this country. At some point I hope we may have a proper debate, about the banning handguns. Let me know if you want me to get you a copy.

Llagoud

Post by Llagoud » 01 Nov 2009, 05:44

Let me know if you want me to get you a copy.
If you might be interested in an exchange once you're finished with the book....pick any two (given the cost over here for that one) from the pile.

You might find 'The South Was Right' entertaining. 'Moment Of Truth In Iraq' and 'The Gentle Swastika' are both signed by the authors.

Llagoud

Post by Llagoud » 02 Dec 2009, 03:30

I picked up the freaquel to Freakonomics, 'Superfreakonomics' for the trip. I'm about 1/2 way into it. Fun read.

http://www.amazon.com/SuperFreakonomics ... 993&sr=8-1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

SuperFreakonomics: Global Cooling, Patriotic Prostitutes, and Why Suicide Bombers Should Buy Life Insurance

Four years in the making, SuperFreakonomics asks not only the tough questions, but the unexpected ones: What's more dangerous, driving drunk or walking drunk? Why is chemotherapy prescribed so often if it's so ineffective? Can a sex change boost your salary?

SuperFreakonomics challenges the way we think all over again, exploring the hidden side of everything with such questions as:

How is a street prostitute like a department-store Santa?
Why are doctors so bad at washing their hands?
How much good do car seats do?
What's the best way to catch a terrorist?
Did TV cause a rise in crime?
What do hurricanes, heart attacks, and highway deaths have in common?
Are people hard-wired for altruism or selfishness?
Can eating kangaroo save the planet?
Which adds more value: a pimp or a Realtor?

Levitt and Dubner mix smart thinking and great storytelling like no one else, whether investigating a solution to global warming or explaining why the price of oral sex has fallen so drastically. By examining how people respond to incentives, they show the world for what it really is – good, bad, ugly, and, in the final analysis, super freaky.

Llagoud

Post by Llagoud » 29 Dec 2009, 04:30

I just finished The Shack by W.P. Young
Product Description
Mackenzie Allen Philips' youngest daughter, Missy, has been abducted during a family vacation and evidence that she may have been brutally murdered is found in an abandoned shack deep in the Oregon wilderness. Four years later in the midst of his Great Sadness, Mack receives a suspicious note, apparently from God, inviting him back to that shack for a weekend. Against his better judgment he arrives at the shack on a wintry afternoon and walks back into his darkest nightmare. What he finds there will change Mack's world forever. In a world where religion seems to grow increasingly irrelevant "The Shack" wrestles with the timeless question, "Where is God in a world so filled with unspeakable pain?" The answers Mack gets will astound you and perhaps transform you as much as it did him. You'll want everyone you know to read this book!

and just started Vince Flynn's Protect and Defend:
In Protect and Defend, the action begins in the heart of Iran, where billions of dollars are being spent on the development of a nuclear program. No longer willing to wait for the international community to stop its neighboring enemy, Israel launches one of the most creative and daring espionage operations ever conceived. The attack leaves a radioactive tomb and environmental disaster in the middle of Iran s second largest city. An outraged Iranian government publicly blames both Israel and the United States for the attack and demands retribution. Privately, Iran s bombastic president wants much more. He wants America and Israel to pay for their aggression with blood.

Enter Mitch Rapp, America s top counterterrorism operative. Used to employing deception, Rapp sees an opportunity where others see only Iranian reprisals that could leave thousands of Americans dead. Rapp convinces President Josh Alexander to sign off on a risky operation that will further embarrass the Iranian government and push their country to the brink of revolution. As part of the plan, CIA director Irene Kennedy is dispatched to the region for a clandestine meeting with Azad Ashani, her Iranian counterpart.

But Rapp isn t the only one hatching plans. Iranian President Amatullah, has recruited Hezbollah master terrorist Imad Mukhtar to do his dirty work. For decades Mukhtar has acted as a surrogate for Iran, blazing a trail of death and destruction across the Middle East and beyond. When Kennedy s meeting with Ashani goes disastrously wrong, Rapp and Mukhtar are set on a collision course that threatens to engulf the entire region in war. With the clock ticking, Rapp is given twenty-four hours, no questions asked, to do whatever it takes to stop Mukhtar, and avert an unthinkable catastrophe.

fatherfoof

Post by fatherfoof » 29 Dec 2009, 09:07

Brains are fried so today I'll read the forum: ie. laugh at Slippy, learn from Jay, find solace in Lisa's gentle demeanor, and wish for peace under KONA (Fly).

EARS

Post by EARS » 29 Dec 2009, 09:10

:lmao: Thanks Padre I can always use a good laugh. :lmao: