9MM Guns

Discuss the variety of handguns out there.
blueorison
Competition/Training Mod
custom title: UT/EA Pistol Captain

Re: 9MM Guns

Post by blueorison » 03 Oct 2011, 18:44

Haha... I gotcha. In all honesty I don't get pride from people saying I'm right. Regarding certain information I post (not all) I already know I'm right, or I wouldn't post information out there. Some people's personality lends them to put a disclaimer on everything ".02".. etc.

While I always encourage shooters to do "what works for them", there ARE absolutes that are so inclusive that they can be taken as general statements; as such, I hardly place disclaimers on them.

For example; loading ammunition using a magloader. 99% of people will never load more than 1000 rounds in one day. So I can pretty much tell people the right way (unless a disability does not permit) to load mags is with the fingers on your hand. My purpose is to help others see the light. However, this intention seems to be misconstrued. Oh well. Can't please everyone. You guys that are taking my advice as something to find fault with so that you can say "AHA! YOU MESSED UP!" are totally missing the point. If you want me to stay off your thread, just say so and I'll leave; gladly. I don't need to spend time trying to help just to see you try to start an argument or pissing contest. I'm didn't want to rant here, but I'm kinda tired of people doing it, lately.

To answer your question, on a training day, my team will shoot 400-600 rounds per day. On a regular practice day, we only shoot 100 rounds and I cap it at that. Practice days are for reviewing and reinforcing what we have learned on training days. Training days typically last 6 hours.

Every round is used wisely and efficiently. Quantity=/=quality. Case in point; the invite match that I just held for the forum saw each competitor only use 300 rounds for 2 days of running and gunning and 7+ stages.
Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity.
The shooter will always matter more than the gear ever will.
Stop relying on others to do the work for you.
Shoot more, worry less.

CenCalSplicer

Post by CenCalSplicer » 03 Oct 2011, 19:06

Awesome match BTW!!!!

57js

Post by 57js » 03 Oct 2011, 20:14

blueorison wrote:
57js wrote:
blueorison wrote:Blue is certainly right (did I actually say that? :D )
Am I usually wrong? I don't get what you are saying... :ponder:
I was just joking around with you. Hence the big smile.

57js

Post by 57js » 03 Oct 2011, 20:17

Rapier1772 wrote:I think he just didn't want to feed your ego by saying you were right yet AGAIN :)

You said no one on your team is allowed to use them - how many rounds did they load on those days? I ask because the shooting courses I have taken actually had us buy a loader. We were going to be shooting at least 400 rounds that day & they didn't want us spending half the day loading mags.
That is it. I was joking around with Blue a bit, and he usually is right.

57js

Post by 57js » 03 Oct 2011, 20:25

blueorison wrote:Haha... I gotcha. In all honesty I don't get pride from people saying I'm right. Regarding certain information I post (not all) I already know I'm right, or I wouldn't post information out there. Some people's personality lends them to put a disclaimer on everything ".02".. etc.

While I always encourage shooters to do "what works for them", there ARE absolutes that are so inclusive that they can be taken as general statements; as such, I hardly place disclaimers on them.

For example; loading ammunition using a magloader. 99% of people will never load more than 1000 rounds in one day. So I can pretty much tell people the right way (unless a disability does not permit) to load mags is with the fingers on your hand. My purpose is to help others see the light. However, this intention seems to be misconstrued. Oh well. Can't please everyone. You guys that are taking my advice as something to find fault with so that you can say "AHA! YOU MESSED UP!" are totally missing the point. If you want me to stay off your thread, just say so and I'll leave; gladly. I don't need to spend time trying to help just to see you try to start an argument or pissing contest. I'm didn't want to rant here, but I'm kinda tired of people doing it, lately.
I don't think there are too many people who don't value your advice. When I ask for advice, I would like to hear from a lot of people especially if it goes against the way I am leaning.

I admit I was skeptical because of my previous experience hand loading Glock 17C magazines. It takes me a very short amount of time to load the FsN magazines, but I had major problems with the Glock probably because of the 9mm rounds as well as it is the first time I ever loaded a magazine. I was expecting to have the same problem with the CZ based on the fact that it is also a 9mm. Happily you were right, and my worries were unnecessary. I was joking around when I made my comment, and I thought the large smile would be enough to show it, but I have problems with people knowing when I am serious and when I am not in person. It is even harder online.

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod

Post by blueorison » 03 Oct 2011, 20:33

I know for fact it is hard for me, especially from people I have never hung out with before.

I find that although it may seem to be "taking it too seriously" as Fuzzy has pointed out recently, I'd rather be clear than misconstrued. Which is why I prefer conversing in PM's or on the phone. I usually make more friends that way, and good ones at that.

It's how I met all of the people that were at the invite match.

I think next time, because of my lack of ability to read what people say online, I'll just PM you with a reply, hope you don't mind.
Shoot more, worry less.

57js

Post by 57js » 04 Oct 2011, 06:49

blueorison wrote:I know for fact it is hard for me, especially from people I have never hung out with before.

I find that although it may seem to be "taking it too seriously" as Fuzzy has pointed out recently, I'd rather be clear than misconstrued. Which is why I prefer conversing in PM's or on the phone. I usually make more friends that way, and good ones at that.

It's how I met all of the people that were at the invite match.

I think next time, because of my lack of ability to read what people say online, I'll just PM you with a reply, hope you don't mind.
PM is fine. I understand what you are saying. I joke around a lot, but I say almost everything with a straight face so even people who know me can't always tell when I am serious. It is that much difficult on the computer because people don't see the slight clues I might give off that I am not serious. I try to be the same online as I am in person, but it doesn't always work out right. I am going to have to change that at least until the person knows me a bit better. Usually I joke around with friends or people I get along with well. When I stop joking around with someone, that is usually an indication of a problem between us. Except online since it doesn't always come through as I expect.

I do appreciate all the advice you have given.

jnomad66

Post by jnomad66 » 05 Dec 2011, 22:49

Looking at the sp-01 tactical, it seems like a killer deal in a range gun. Also, it comes stock with night sights, for around 600 shipped. My question is, is the sp-01 to large to conceal for EDC? Is it a range/duty gun, or can it be CCW'ed?

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod

Post by blueorison » 05 Dec 2011, 23:06

jnomad66 wrote:Looking at the sp-01 tactical, it seems like a killer deal in a range gun. Also, it comes stock with night sights, for around 600 shipped. My question is, is the sp-01 to large to conceal for EDC? Is it a range/duty gun, or can it be CCW'ed?
It is a range/duty gun. However, I know many that CCW it. I personally wouldn't, but I do not have a large body frame. Here's a guide to go by; if you can CCW a 1911 COMFORTABLY, the SP01 will CCW appropriately. If not, get a P01.
Shoot more, worry less.

jnomad66

Post by jnomad66 » 05 Dec 2011, 23:35

Thanks, that's something to think about. I have a decision to make, I've already decided that a CZ 9mm will be my christmass present to myself, I'm just trying to decide which one. I want the sp-01 tactical, but a p01 or a RAAMI would be a lot more practical.

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod

Post by blueorison » 05 Dec 2011, 23:55

I wouldn't worry if I were you.

The P-01 is VERY shootable. Think Glock 17 to Glock 19. The 19 isn't smaller; it's practically standard-sized, even though it is a "compact". Same goes to the P-01. Your hands aren't coming off the bottom grip or dealing with hard recoil from +P+.

I wear a medium/large glove and I shoot with it fine.
Shoot more, worry less.