Shoulder Rig Recommendations?

Discuss the FN Five-seveN line of pistols and accessories.

Moderator: blueorison

Sven

Shoulder Rig Recommendations?

Post by Sven » 23 Oct 2008, 20:39

I'm sure it was discussed in the old FiveseveN site but I can't find anything here regarding recommendations for FiveseveN shoulder rigs.

Does anyone have a few different shoulder rig recommendations for me to consider for my FiveseveN?

Thanks!

Sven

stg2ahn

Re: Shoulder Rig Recommendations?

Post by stg2ahn » 23 Oct 2008, 21:37

I do have a shoulder rig that I don't recommend.
I bought a universal shoulder rig from BlackHawk.
It was made with velcro and black nylong. Qualitys ok but....

Problem was with the nylon straps that go between my shoulder blades and neck. The darn things would cut at my neck.
Would be ok if your wearing a collard heavy cotton shirt, like BDUs, but not a dress shirt or t shirt. Anything but Blackhawk...

EARS

Post by EARS » 24 Oct 2008, 05:41

Haugen Leather has a leather shoulder holster with dual mag pouch. They have a web site, you can google it for the correct site name. I got one when I first got my USG. I like it.

ChuckD
custom title: Tactical Tier2 Ninja

Post by ChuckD » 24 Oct 2008, 06:13

I know Fobus makes a shoulder holster attatchment for their rotozip holsters.
I know nothing about the quality of them or how well they are, just throwing info out.

VITALIY

Post by VITALIY » 24 Oct 2008, 11:16

El Paso Saddlery makes one that fits both IOM and USG models. Leather, Double mag pouch...... about $125.

ArtosDracon
Banned

Post by ArtosDracon » 25 Oct 2008, 00:17

VITALIY wrote:El Paso Saddlery makes one that fits both IOM and USG models. Leather, Double mag pouch...... about $125.
That's a pretty good price, I'll have to look them up.

I have tried the Fobus shoulder rig that uses the interchangable holsters for both my G35 and my FsN and it seemed too large under the arm due to the mounting system, just felt really thick. I would reccomend getting a good leather one.

Llagoud
custom title: A is A

Post by Llagoud » 25 Oct 2008, 02:47

ArtosDracon wrote:I have tried the Fobus shoulder rig that uses the interchangable holsters for both my G35 and my FsN and it seemed too large under the arm due to the mounting system, just felt really thick.
Dittos, I tried the Fobus Roto rig for the BE .40 and it's just too bulky for me. I've been using 5.11 holster shirts for about a year now. Beauty is, after that .40 stretches out the pocket for a few weeks the FsN fits nicely.
I just bought a few of 5.11 tac shirts also. They work for me.

ArtosDracon
Banned

Post by ArtosDracon » 25 Oct 2008, 03:27

I've got a half dozen of the 5.11 undershirts, I've never put anything larger than my P230 in it, don't know that I would want to. Then again, they're only large, and they fit rather snugly, anything with more than a ~3.5" barrell seems to me would distort the shirt pretty badly.

Krull

Post by Krull » 01 Nov 2008, 16:16

I dunno about a CCW rig but I'm just using a Uncle Mike's Vertical shoulder job,of course I'm just banging around the woods and not trying to hide it.