Just Fun McCain Aide Calls Palin Family 'Wasilla Hillbillies

Discuss the politics behind the gun industry.
abatis

Just Fun McCain Aide Calls Palin Family 'Wasilla Hillbillies

Post by abatis » 06 Nov 2008, 10:08

Sure it is over but this is just for fun. A good lesson for the right, don't pander to your principles. The hillbillies comment fits well though.

"There is one comment in particular from a McCain aide that guaranteed to heighten friction between the two camps. The angry aide described the Palin family shopping spree to Newsweek as "Wasilla hillbillies looting Neiman Marcus from coast to coast."

http://www.abcnews.go.com/GMA/Politics/ ... 407&page=2

Most of my fellow Republican friends like my self were so turned off by Palin (basic ditz) and now the facts are coming out. Hopefully she will go back to Alaska for good and we can re-group with the true intellectual right. Many of us had it right here early http://www.57forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=257" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; too bad we lost the election on several key strategic errors:
1. Bad choice of hillbillie palin.
2. McCain declares economy sound, three days later suspends his campaign to rescue America - makes a complete ass out of himself.

:furious:
In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress.
- John Adams

Iggimo2
custom title: Expert lurker

Re: Just Fun McCain Aide Calls Palin Family 'Wasilla Hillbillies

Post by Iggimo2 » 06 Nov 2008, 10:11

Good news now that Palin is not going to be the VP......

We gots a shot to see her in Playboy! :drool:

abatis

Post by abatis » 06 Nov 2008, 10:39

It gets better:

"Interview Prep Lacking, McCain Staffers Say McCain aides had numerous complaints about Palin. She was unwilling or unable to find the time and energy to prep for her disastrous interview with Couric. And when she did study, she astonished her handlers by her unsophisticated views.

She didn't know Africa was a continent :cry: , according to Newsweek. Fox News revealed that during her cramming, she couldn't name the three countries that belong to the North American Free Trade Agreement: the United States, Canada and Mexico. "
In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress.
- John Adams

tdevince

Post by tdevince » 06 Nov 2008, 10:49

abatis wrote:...too bad we lost the election on several key strategic errors:
1. Bad choice of hillbillie palin.
2. McCain declares economy sound, three days later suspends his campaign to rescue America - makes a complete ass out of himself.

I think the overriding reasons the Republicans lost are not the strategic errors you give but are the following

1. Republicans nominated McCain
2. Republicans have to wear the moniker that they are the party of big government and failed economics. Regardless of what the truth may be, Obama was very successful at casting them in that light and the Republican track record didn't help them in that regard either.
3. Republicans as a party have failed their conservative base over the last 8 years and have a lot of people disgusted with them. Many of which no longer support them. Republicans can't afford that when the margins are so tight with the dems.

I think Palin actually had a very minor negative, if not a minor positive affect.

Sven

Post by Sven » 06 Nov 2008, 12:55

You can watch the Fox News clip here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWZHTJsR4Bc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cyberfly
Global Moderator
custom title: Mens Room Attendant

Post by Cyberfly » 06 Nov 2008, 19:35

I liked Palin. I didn't like McCain until he added her to the ticket. I was hoping we'd see a Palin 2012 run...
Never confuse 'The will of the Majority' with 'The will of God'.
**This post created with 100% recycled photons!**

f3rr37
Site Admin

Post by f3rr37 » 06 Nov 2008, 22:23

Was? I think their is a good chance she will run in 2012.

Boxing Buffalo
Banned

Post by Boxing Buffalo » 07 Nov 2008, 07:46

Really?

I get the strong feeling the Republicans will be attempting to re-tool the party and sort of turn down the volume on people like Bush, Newt, Palin, etc... That extreme side of the modern Republican party that has strayed so far from what the true Republican really is has hurt the party immensely. I think some of the smarter people in the party will see this and understand that those dinosaurs have died. It's time to move on and re-think things.

Wollychop

Post by Wollychop » 07 Nov 2008, 07:48

Boxing,

What, exactly, would distinguish between the Republican Party and the Democratic Party then?

You can't really tone down the volume much lower than McCain did.

tdevince

Post by tdevince » 07 Nov 2008, 08:10

Boxing Buffalo wrote: ...That extreme side of the modern Republican party that has strayed so far from what the true Republican really is has hurt the party immensely...
If by extreme side you mean the far right, then you're wrong. Its the far right that is what the party used to be. Its the McCain and Bush liberals that have "strayed so far from what the true Republican really" was.

Wollychop

Post by Wollychop » 07 Nov 2008, 08:22

I had to scratch my head at that one, too.

abatis

Post by abatis » 07 Nov 2008, 14:26

Just a reminder of what the original Republican principles consisted of:
(from wsu.edu)
From its inception in 1854 and from its earliest stands against the oppressive institution of slavery, the Republican Party has defined itself as the protector of individual freedom.

A Belief in Smaller Government: To preserve the sanctity of liberty of the individual, it is our belief that government must necessarily be limited. Otherwise, the paternalism of the few would restrict the freedom of the many to decide what is best for themselves.

Support of the Federalist System of Government: To bring power closer to the people, it is imperative we restrict the growth of a centralized federal government....States ought to have the power to determine which programs and measures would be most appropriate and fitting for them.

Fiscal Conservatism: In keeping with our desires for the greatest individual liberty, we support policies of limited taxation and government spending.

Strong National Defense: We believe the best way to preserve the peace and protect our national interests abroad comes through a strong national defense.

Individual Liberties and Responsibilities: Along with individual liberties come individual responsibilities and duties. Government must act to preserve freedom, while individuals must exercise their responsibilities to preserve order.

Tolerance, Inclusiveness, and Optimism: We believe in the right of fellow Republicans to disagree on certain matters of principle and policy. We believe in being an open and inclusive party respectful of different points of view. We are indeed a "big-tent" party that offers no "litmus tests" or barriers to entry.
- John Adams

EARS

Post by EARS » 07 Nov 2008, 14:32

I think people in the party need a whipping post. McCain can't be the one the get showed striking, so........

ArtosDracon
Banned

Post by ArtosDracon » 07 Nov 2008, 23:34

I do believe in the core ideals of the republican party, I have to say though that today's republican party does not reflect those original beliefs. I do have some views that would be considered liberal by most standards however I feel they are in line with the original ideals of the republican party. The republican party was founded to protect the individual liberties of it's people, not to constrict on their liberties. I think all legislation regarding the personal habits, beliefs or actions of a person should be left completely out of government. The stipulation of law has always stood that what one does is up to them so long as they do not adversely and directly affect others. Making suicide illegal is about the dumbest thing I've ever heard. What are you going to do, jail their corpse, fine their estate so their survivors suffer at the hands of the government for their choice? I do believe that religion should be left out of government, but not morals, most people's moral compass is based on their religous beliefs but can't we get the morals without the religion? Whats the point of the first amendment right to freedom of religion if we're going to pass laws based on a set of strict religious beliefs? I am not an anarchist and do believe there is a way to have a small and effective government but that even the republicans have crossed that small government line, a long time ago at that.

User42

Post by User42 » 08 Nov 2008, 01:03

abatis wrote:She didn't know Africa was a continent :cry: , according to Newsweek. Fox News revealed that during her cramming, she couldn't name the three countries that belong to the North American Free Trade Agreement: the United States, Canada and Mexico. "
I know three people that just didn't vote because of Palin (and I don't exactly go around asking peoples political opinions). If the statements by Newsweek and Fox News have any basis in reality, I don't see how anyone could think she is qualified to teach middle school, let alone be the vice principle (yes of a middle school, that wasn't a typo for vice president).

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against a female president any more than I have against a black, white, latino or even asian president. I wouldn't care what their background is as long as they are qualified, with America's best interests in mind, and are not biased towards any nation or nationality (or anything else equally discriminatory).

I also don't approve of throwing childish labels around and calling her and her family hillbillies (whether she was elected or not). That being said, she just doesn't seem right in the head. I admit she seems intelligent, but not someone I think could interact rationally with other nations, especially on serious matters.

That would be my opinion, and no I do not feel the need to further explain or justify it. Sorry if it offends, the only reason I decided to voice it was because today I learned I am not alone in that thinking.

t1210

Post by t1210 » 08 Nov 2008, 18:20

I find the whole thing hard too believe since Govenor Palin, far from being the stupid hillbilly that certian RINO POS are saying, is really fairly educated. She has a bachelor of science degree in communications-journalism from the University of Idaho.

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Post by Rapier1772 » 08 Nov 2008, 21:11

t1210 wrote:... from the University of Idaho.
I am originally from about 30 south of there - that's not saying a whole lot :lmao: (that's a joke for those that need explaining :p )
How to post pics & videos: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6363
Contrary to popular belief, you CAN fix stupid - it's just illegal.

ArtosDracon
Banned

Post by ArtosDracon » 08 Nov 2008, 22:25

I know quite a few people with communications degree's, about half of them can't spell decently, a bachelors of communications is like being a master plumber, you may know a few things about a few things, but, you're still a fat sweaty man with your arse hanging out who works on other peoples toilets.

If there are in fact any master plumbers around, look on the bright side, I just compared you to a recent VP nominee, that's a good thing, right?