She's Back

Discuss the politics behind the gun industry.
txsixgun

She's Back

Post by txsixgun » 28 Feb 2009, 18:54

From the web site of our favorite west coast witch:

Washington, DC – U.S. Senator Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.), indicated that she plans to introduce legislation to reinstate a federal ban on assault weapons after the U.S. Senate voted on Thursday to repeal gun ownership restrictions in Washington, D.C.

An amendment to the D.C. Voting Rights Act repeals Washington, D.C.’s ban on semi-automatic weapons, including assault weapons, as well as federal gun anti-trafficking laws. The amendment, offered by Sen. John Ensign (R-Nev.), passed by a vote of 62 to 36.

During remarks on the floor of the U.S. Senate, Senator Feinstein blasted the amendment, calling it “irresponsible.” She added: “It will endanger the citizens of the District, the Government employees who work here, our elected officials, and those who visit this great American Capitol.”

The amendment would undermine federal anti-trafficking laws, repeal Washington D.C.’s ban on dangerous military-style weapons, allow teenagers to possess semiautomatic assault rifles, and prohibit D.C.’s government from passing laws that could “discourage” gun possession or use by children, felons or other dangerous persons.

“I am prepared to wage the assault weapons battle again and intend to do so. I have been quiet about this because there are many other pressing needs of this Nation. But with the help of the President, the administration, and the people of this great country, we do need to fight back against these kinds of amendments,” said Senator Feinstein, the author of the original assault weapon ban enacted in 1994.

The ban expired in 2004 during the Bush Administration.

Esteves
Wiki Moderator
custom title: Shhh!

Re: She's Back

Post by Esteves » 28 Feb 2009, 19:13

Link: http://feinstein.senate.gov/public/inde ... f46ed11984" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
--
S
© 2004-2019 Esteves

Political tags — such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative,
and so forth — are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want
people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.

LK45s
Gold Member

Post by LK45s » 28 Feb 2009, 20:21

Is there dissention in the ranks?

http://thehill.com/leading-the-news/pel ... 02-26.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
" All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent. "

Thomas Jefferson

flyingirish04
Gold Member
custom title: Mtn Man in Flatland

Post by flyingirish04 » 28 Feb 2009, 20:41

Many, many democrats now in office are pro-gun. Dissention in the ranks is in fact what is going on. The NE and Left Coast libs in the DNC are in power positions, but they won't be long if the grass roots strength of the party that is a majority of pro-gun democrats feel like they aren't a part of the DNC anymore, like what happenned in 1994. Obama, the ruthless pragmatist that he is, knows he has to hold back the loons like Feinstein and Pelosi and Schumer that want to ban guns in any way possilbe, or he will lose the democrat majority. Pelosi, being the idiot and follower that she is, is being lead around by the nose by the White House, after stumbling her way through the stimulus bill. She could cost Obama votes in the future, and Obama knows that, so he has his handlers all over her now.

Lets hope his pragmatism holds, at least on guns. God help us if it doesn't
Killed Two Stones with One Bird.

Cyberfly
Global Moderator
custom title: Mens Room Attendant

Post by Cyberfly » 28 Feb 2009, 22:29

Let's hope that they realize that a gun ban would be political suicide... :clap:
There's enough people already pissed over their porkulus bill!
Never confuse 'The will of the Majority' with 'The will of God'.
**This post created with 100% recycled photons!**

Buffman
Silver Member

Post by Buffman » 01 Mar 2009, 10:08

Man these anti-gun people really hate the .50 Cal. Just how many crimes have been committed with a .50 cal? I told Carl Levin to give me reports where it was used, just not in one's possession..
Even the .50 caliber sniper rifle, with a range of over 1 mile, will be allowed in DC under this amendment. This is a weapon capable of firing rounds that can penetrate concrete and armor plating. And at least one model of the .50 caliber sniper rifle is easily concealed and transported. One gun manufacturer describes this model as a "lightweight and tactical" weapon and capable of being collapsed and carried in "a very small inconspicuous package."
I've entertained the idea of purchasing one, but I haven't found any version that is by her terms easily concealed.

Sven

Post by Sven » 01 Mar 2009, 21:30

Cyberfly wrote:Let's hope that they realize that a gun ban would be political suicide... :clap:
Okay, here's a twisted thought: I hope they don't realize that implementing severe gun laws will be political suicide. I want them to push things a bit too far so that they get their asses kicked out of office. And, then, when that happens, right-minded people can clean up the mess and get things back on track.

I'm just furious with the Democrats right now...on so many levels. :wall:

f3rr37
Site Admin

Post by f3rr37 » 01 Mar 2009, 23:36

Let them pass the law and then let us take it to the Supreme Court once and for all.

Wollychop

Post by Wollychop » 02 Mar 2009, 08:09

I think that might be a pretty big coin toss. While they upheld the "individual right" aspect of the 2nd amendment, there's nothing to say that they would not also respect "reasonable restrictions" (using the libtard phrase) as outlined in a AWB.

EARS

Post by EARS » 02 Mar 2009, 08:34

A lightweight, collapseable 50cal rifle? Which model are they talking about? The ones I've seen are not collapseable.

Esteves
Wiki Moderator
custom title: Shhh!

Post by Esteves » 02 Mar 2009, 09:13

Feinstein's ultimate fear has already been discussed: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1417" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
--
S
© 2004-2019 Esteves

Political tags — such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative,
and so forth — are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want
people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.

f3rr37
Site Admin

Post by f3rr37 » 02 Mar 2009, 09:48

Wollychop wrote:I think that might be a pretty big coin toss. While they upheld the "individual right" aspect of the 2nd amendment, there's nothing to say that they would not also respect "reasonable restrictions" (using the libtard phrase) as outlined in a AWB.
True, but with some of the comments that were made during the Heller vs DC case, I would think that they would strike down a AWB.

f3rr37
Site Admin

Post by f3rr37 » 02 Mar 2009, 09:48

Esteves wrote:Feinstein's ultimate fear has already been discussed: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1417" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
:lmao: