Another SBR pic...

Forum for discussing NFA firearms and accessories such as suppressors, SBR and full-auto goodies.
danbrew

Another SBR pic...

Post by danbrew » 02 Nov 2020, 20:10

I’ve had this PS90 for about 15 years and have always wanted to SBR it. I lived in Illinois at the time and just didn’t feel like jumping through the hoops. Moved to the beach about a year and a half ago and decided to SBR a number of guns. Filed an EForm 1 about four months ago and it sat and sat and sat. Sent a note to my senator and, surprise, had a bunch of forms approved virtually overnight. To be fair to ATF, it sounded like it was more a timeliness issue on the fingerprint cards with the FBI, so all’s well that ends well. I’m sure they don’t like getting calls from an elected officials office... but, you know, when the forms are generally being approved in two weeks or so and you’re sitting at four months? It works.

Anyway, I received the approved form this morning and immediately got the drill press ready. Man, I had grand plans - knew right where to drill and had marked just where I wanted to drill. Yeah, well, that didn’t go so well. After screwing around with it for half an hour, I got the Sawzall out and just cut off the barrel. Took ten seconds. And then the rest of it took about ten minutes. I mounted a CMMG barrel and an Adapter to a standard M16 adapter for my Gemtech can.

Looking forward to taking it out this weekend.

Esteves
Wiki Moderator
custom title: Shhh!

Re: Another SBR pic...

Post by Esteves » 05 Nov 2020, 21:21

Congrats! (Better late than never...)
--
S
© 2004-2019 Esteves

Political tags — such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative,
and so forth — are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want
people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.

danbrew

Post by danbrew » 07 Nov 2020, 15:51

Yep, took it out today. Was pretty awesome.

panzermk2
Forum Supporter

Post by panzermk2 » 13 Nov 2020, 10:47

Sweet looks nice!
Jay Wolf
Pr. Elite Ammunition

"Engineers, the oompa-loompas of science!"

Be'ein Tachbulot Yipol Am Veteshua Berov Yoetz