This Pastor sucks

General discussion.
CenCalSplicer

This Pastor sucks

Post by CenCalSplicer » 09 May 2011, 17:32

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_thelookou ... -seal-tale" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Pathetic, its unbelievable that people out there still do this, but not surprising.

panzermk2wife
Forum Supporter

Re: This Pastor sucks

Post by panzermk2wife » 09 May 2011, 17:49

Did you see the last paragraph?
In 2005, President George W. Bush signed the Stolen Valor Act into law--legislation that made it a federal crime to claim false military honors. A recent federal appellate court ruling determined that the law's provisions were an unconstitutional abridgment of free speech. A version of the same legislation is now before Congress, with language designed to avoid the free-speech quandaries raised by the 2005 law.
Really!!!!!!!!!! Unconstitutional abridgement of Free Speech

MORONS :furious: :furious: :furious:
Visit Us on FaceBook
https://www.facebook.com/EliteAmmunition5.7x28mm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Leave Us Feedback on the Forum
http://www.fivesevenforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=8630" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

CenCalSplicer

Post by CenCalSplicer » 09 May 2011, 18:22

Exactly Lisa. it completely takes away from the sacrafice that our service members made to our country. I didn't serve in the military and could never dishonor any service memeber by doing something as low as that. Free speech my arse!!

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod
custom title: UT/EA Pistol Captain

Post by blueorison » 09 May 2011, 20:10

This just goes along with my entire thought process on idiots using the excuse, "Because I can". People use that excuse all the time to do stupid things.

When they shouldn't.

Just as in this case with his "freedom" to lie. It does take away from our troops.

Doesn't surprise you when you frame it in context; wannabes who talk big but have nothing to back it up. Worst was he was in service to our country; I respect his service (though I do not know the motivation he had for going into service... there are many with self-serving motivations...) but wish he didn't disrespect our other men in uniform.
Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity.
The shooter will always matter more than the gear ever will.
Stop relying on others to do the work for you.
Shoot more, worry less.

fatherfoof

Post by fatherfoof » 10 May 2011, 04:31

A major problem is many groups (look at the church name) just call somebody "Pastor" . I run into people all the time who tell me they've been a minister for years. No seminary, no background checks, no psychological tests--it's a bad system. Most mainline denominations do a background check, which precludes such BS. The other problem is sex offenders assuming the title pastor, starting a church, and being entrusted with kids.
Please PM Me for LE/Military Access

Prepper
custom title: Sucker Punch

Post by Prepper » 10 May 2011, 10:44

I thought Obama said he killed Osama?
Better to have a tank when you don't need it then to need a tank when you don't have it.

II Thessalonians 3:8-12

CenCalSplicer

Post by CenCalSplicer » 10 May 2011, 14:09

That comment could lead this thread down a road it wasn't intended.

Reverend Herc
Platinum Member
custom title: Outstanding!!!

Post by Reverend Herc » 10 May 2011, 17:54

We all grew up trying to be honest.. and we want to believe people, when they talk to us... But this is a sign of things going completely wrong.... The only people I think telling the truth are young... It takes time to learn how to be able to deceive people properly..

I can not believe what we have become....
There can only be two.

CenCalSplicer

Post by CenCalSplicer » 10 May 2011, 21:19

Best never to lose hope in humanity though. Look for the good because its out there, negative just makes the headlines easier.

Cyberfly
Global Moderator
custom title: Mens Room Attendant

Post by Cyberfly » 11 May 2011, 05:44

Sad.
Its one thing, I suppose, for a fish to get a little bigger every time you tell the story about it, but this kind of whopper...wow. Just wow.
Never confuse 'The will of the Majority' with 'The will of God'.
**This post created with 100% recycled photons!**

murphies_finest
custom title: King Thread Killer.

Post by murphies_finest » 11 May 2011, 13:16

I dont understand why folks lie about this kind of stuff! eventually a true veteran of the elite will run into a person like this and ask only key questions that only an elite would recognize! well screw it "because I can" i am an " special airborne trooper air assault ranger sapper' but keep in mind this is only when playing "inaccurate ops" er black ops.

EARS

Post by EARS » 11 May 2011, 15:48

They're a disgrace to the "office" they are alledged to hold to the highest calling. That's second only to the disgrace they place on the those that have served (in the Ministry) and our military. Those who dedicate their lifes, and everything about themselves to serving mankind.