WTS NIB FNAR Heavy $1025 Shipped

Post firearms for sale or want to buy requests.
Forum rules
1. Prices MUST be listed. No "make offer" ads.

2. No links to auction sites.

3. List your location in either the title, thread content or your profile.

4. Dealers must subscribe or email me at [email protected] to discuss options.

5. You must have a minimum of 50 posts on this board to post WTS advertisements, or have a paid membership. Insignificant posts and smilies do not count.

6. Do not bump your ad unless it is no longer visible on the 1st page.

Thank you for your cooperation. If you have any questions, feel free to PM or email me.
sabotteur
custom title: Big Dog Outfitters

WTS NIB FNAR Heavy $1025 Shipped

Post by sabotteur » 15 Nov 2011, 11:12

Not sure if FN is blowing these out and discontinuing them or what, but I've got multiple dealers that have dropped prices on these for a short time. So, I'm passing this on to anyone who is interested.

FNH USA - MFG#: 3108929100

If you are intersted, drop me an e-mail or a PM. I won't be taking physical possession of these unless someone pings me for one, so be aware there will be about a 4 day delay before I can ship it to you if you want it, as I'll have to get it sent to me first. Right now, there are no limits, and I'll cash, check, or Visa/MC on these.

Just let me know.

Charles

SeaHawkDriver-B
Location: Embarked on 2 acres of floating Soverign US Territory

Re: WTS NIB FNAR Heavy $1025 Shipped

Post by SeaHawkDriver-B » 15 Nov 2011, 11:56

.... nice price! I wonder why there isn't much interest in a match-grade .308 SEMI from FN that can double as a hunting rifle.

fooschnickens
custom title: ~( ̄∇ ̄~) (~ ̄∇ ̄)~

Post by fooschnickens » 15 Nov 2011, 14:21

HOT DAMN.

I'll be PMing you when I get home.

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod
custom title: UT/EA Pistol Captain

Post by blueorison » 15 Nov 2011, 17:15

SeaHawkDriver-B wrote:.... nice price! I wonder why there isn't much interest in a match-grade .308 SEMI from FN that can double as a hunting rifle.
Because FN, unlike all other companies, doesn't really advertise that much. They heavily deal with MIL/LEO sales.

They have lately begun advertising, as of the past few years, if even that long. With their 3Gun route going strong, they are getting more exposure.

And CONGRATS FOOS. I know you've been wanting to replace yours you sold for a while now.
Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity.
The shooter will always matter more than the gear ever will.
Stop relying on others to do the work for you.
Shoot more, worry less.

fooschnickens

Post by fooschnickens » 16 Nov 2011, 07:06

Man, you have NO idea.

Me and a buddy were talking the other day and it seems that at least within our circle of friends this seems to be everyone's year to move up. Friend got a promotion, another switched jobs after getting crapped on at his current one, one guy got laid off three times this year and finally landed a solid job with twitter, and lastly I got a solid job and will be moved into a better place in a couple weeks.

SeaHawkDriver-B

Post by SeaHawkDriver-B » 16 Nov 2011, 07:45

If I can get one, this is going to be the PERFECT rifle to keep up at our cabin. Been looking for something I can keep up there for deer so i don't have to constnatly bring long-guns in the car or on the plane when I travel.... AND, its a fine rifle for SHTF if I ever have to but out up there. Just didn't want to pay darn near 1500 for one... 1000 seems more reasonable.

sabotteur

Post by sabotteur » 16 Nov 2011, 07:50

Personally, next to the SCAR, 17 it is by far my 2nd favorite large cal gun that I own. I would rather shoot this anyday over a M14, Rem 700, or AR-308. Hell, it even up stages my FN FAL and other FALs I own.

You guys won't be disapointed.
Last edited by sabotteur on 17 Nov 2011, 05:11, edited 1 time in total.

fooschnickens

Post by fooschnickens » 16 Nov 2011, 14:43

Yeah, I really hope FN isn't dropping them and this is only to clear out old stock. It'd be a shame for some an obscenely great rifle to fall by the wayside.

ynoty3k
custom title: Hoplophile

Post by ynoty3k » 16 Nov 2011, 20:27

you guys are really making it hard for me to save any money the way you're talking up this rifle... :wall:

SeaHawkDriver-B

Post by SeaHawkDriver-B » 17 Nov 2011, 01:16

The FNAR has its drawbacks, it is slightly more complicated to take apart and clean, and uses proprietary magazines (as do almost ALL .308s). Its also somewhat odd looking, but if you can stomach a Kriss-V, then you can own an FNAR.

In my opinion, its one of the finest .308 semis on the market. I've read just about every review I can get my hands on, most them seem to agree that the average FNAR is sub MOA out of the box. It comes from the factory in either heavy or light barrel (a nice nice and rare factory option). Even though it has a traditional fixed-stock, it also incorporates a pistol grip and relatively short overall length making it suitable for defensive situations. It also has a reputation for reliability, jams are few and far between. Like I said, if you want a rifle that can smack white-tail at 300 yards, be able to pump 20 rounds into a bad guy with full force 7.62 power, or just play long-ball at the range, seems to me the FNAR can do all 3 equally well. It might not be the "best" at any one of those areas, but it is certainly a jack of all trades.

sabotteur

Post by sabotteur » 18 Nov 2011, 06:08

No longer available. I'm working with another one of my distributers to see if they can match the deal. These things sold out pretty quick. I'll post again if I can get anymore.

Foos and Seahawk, you guys are good, as I have yours already on the way.

ynoty3k
custom title: Hoplophile

Post by ynoty3k » 18 Nov 2011, 07:42

My Wallet can rest easy... for now.

fooschnickens

Post by fooschnickens » 18 Nov 2011, 15:10

sabotteur wrote:No longer available. I'm working with another one of my distributers to see if they can match the deal. These things sold out pretty quick. I'll post again if I can get anymore.

Foos and Seahawk, you guys are good, as I have yours already on the way.

SeaHawkDriver-B

Post by SeaHawkDriver-B » 18 Nov 2011, 21:04

woot!

SeaHawkDriver-B

Post by SeaHawkDriver-B » 19 Nov 2011, 05:02

I'm thinking something like this....

fooschnickens

Post by fooschnickens » 19 Nov 2011, 08:31

Oh cool, so the PEPR mount looks like it will work. Saves me money on having to buy rings :laugh: Only problem is that it means I have to buy new optics for the SCAR...

Add a brake and different glass and that's how I envision mine to look when I'm done with it.

SeaHawkDriver-B

Post by SeaHawkDriver-B » 20 Nov 2011, 00:16

I'm wondering if the FAL magazine holders will work for FNAR mags....?? There are almost no magazine holders specifically for the FNAR, but plenty for the FAL. Anyone know if the dimensions are similar enoug for it to work? All i want is a simple brown leather 2-mag pouch for the 20 rounders (stacked), that way you can just clip a couple extra mags on your belt and its somewhat discrete and classy.

fooschnickens

Post by fooschnickens » 20 Nov 2011, 09:38

I seem to remember them being close to FAL sized, maybe a bit wider. It'll probably be a tight squeeze, but leather can always be stretched out a bit.

lazi

Post by lazi » 21 Nov 2011, 12:38

the heavy barrel FNAR really was pretty heavy to me. at that price I really would love to have one though. to bar I'm broke.

Bennybone

Post by Bennybone » 22 Nov 2011, 08:55

PM me for details on where else you can get in on this deal I ordered one today for $ 999.99 with free shipping, Thanks OP for putting this out, it is a shame you couldn't get more as I was hoping to order through you.

BB

Bennybone

Post by Bennybone » 01 Dec 2011, 15:09

I cancelled my order today, don't know what the holdup is, dealer says FN is slow to send based on Thanksgiving holidays.

Goodluck getting all your orders fullfilled, if someone wants my spot with the dealer contact me and I will give you the salesman's name and phone number.

BB

fooschnickens

Post by fooschnickens » 01 Dec 2011, 15:51

Just picked mine up today from the fun shop.

Now all she needs is new glass and a bipod. :) Thanks again, Charles (the awesome swag was appreciated, too ;) )

SeaHawkDriver-B

Post by SeaHawkDriver-B » 02 Dec 2011, 06:54

Match grade .308 from FN... for about $1000 bucks.... dont know how you can beat a deal like that. Looks good.

What are you thinking about for Optics? I wish there was enough room for a set of rear BUIS behind the PEPR mount, doesn't look like there is.

fooschnickens

Post by fooschnickens » 02 Dec 2011, 13:42

Going to use a trs-1 like I had on my old rifle. For now I'll use the dms-1 that was on the scar until I can save up for new glass.

Still need a bipod, too.

sabotteur

Post by sabotteur » 05 Dec 2011, 12:43

Looks Like I will have two more of these in early next week. Price is going to be $25 more though as they are coming from a secondary supplier and I'm getting charged shipping and processing where as I didn't on the first few of these we got in. I can swap out the 20 round mag with a 5 round mag if you would prefer that for hunting purposes at no extra cost. E-mail works best if interested.

SeaHawkDriver-B

Post by SeaHawkDriver-B » 06 Dec 2011, 11:05

Can you find me a nice dual mag pouch for the 20 rounders... leather or nylon with a belt clip. :D

SeaHawkDriver-B

Post by SeaHawkDriver-B » 06 Dec 2011, 11:16

So hows the weight on this thing? I'm not going to hump it all day, just walk from the car to the tree stand.... 8-9 lbs should be fine for short distance walks with the thing slung on my shoulder.

I always wonder about folks who complain about the weight of a rifle like this, they're usually the same ones who make make the treacherous journey from the trunk of their car to the wooden bench rest at the range. I guess if you were going to swing-it around like in some sort of combat or shooting competition it would come into play, or possibly trek through northern Alaska on foot.

flyingirish04
Gold Member
custom title: Mtn Man in Flatland

Post by flyingirish04 » 06 Dec 2011, 15:15

Weight on em is less than the ten pound rifles I use for hunting. That's for sure. My buddy has one of the heavies and he hunts with it walking section lines and trees all day no problem.
Killed Two Stones with One Bird.

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod
custom title: UT/EA Pistol Captain

Post by blueorison » 06 Dec 2011, 20:28

SeaHawkDriver-B wrote:So hows the weight on this thing? I'm not going to hump it all day, just walk from the car to the tree stand.... 8-9 lbs should be fine for short distance walks with the thing slung on my shoulder.

I always wonder about folks who complain about the weight of a rifle like this, they're usually the same ones who make make the treacherous journey from the trunk of their car to the wooden bench rest at the range. I guess if you were going to swing-it around like in some sort of combat or shooting competition it would come into play, or possibly trek through northern Alaska on foot.
The weight of the rifle is 9-10 lbs. But it feels pretty light as the stock is all plastic. Without a magazine, it's not very balanced, but it is easy to use.

I do not mind a heavy rifle at all for competition. When I shoot 600 yard targets with irons, we need our ARs to be weighted as oft the wind is strong here in Texas, and it aids in our balance. Our ARs are very heavy. When I shoot carbine matches, I prefer them to be light.

Both hunting trips I've taken my HBAR AR on, I felt it was too heavy for the miles of hiking done uphill and downhill. This observation was not due to fitness level or ability, but due to dexterity and maneuverability with the firearm. It was too heavy and long to deploy quickly for a fast shot. Which is why I have never used it for any animal I have taken. I've always used my handgun.

I prefer to walk on foot than to sit in one spot and use blinds. Everything I have shot while hunting was while traversing, not from blinds. My AR weights over 12lbs. I am not cognizant of the exact weight but it was compared to a 12lb 10lb rifle. If I had to guess, I would guess around 14 lbs loaded (perhaps that's too high an estimate). It has a few very heavy attachments such as Harris bipod, full rifle-length rails, etc.

The hunt previous to my last was on a 4000 acre property. I spent 6-7 hours in the night on hilly land on foot hunting. It was quite a distance traveled with my rifle, sidearm, ammunition, sleeping bag, and equipment.
Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity.
The shooter will always matter more than the gear ever will.
Stop relying on others to do the work for you.
Shoot more, worry less.

fooschnickens

Post by fooschnickens » 07 Dec 2011, 07:14

SeaHawkDriver-B wrote:So hows the weight on this thing? I'm not going to hump it all day, just walk from the car to the tree stand.... 8-9 lbs should be fine for short distance walks with the thing slung on my shoulder.
The heavy model is pretty much exactly 10lbs unloaded. Add another couple pounds for a fully loaded mag. Take a pound off for the light model.
SeaHawkDriver-B wrote:Can you find me a nice dual mag pouch for the 20 rounders... leather or nylon with a belt clip. :D
You should be able to use a FAL mag pouch as the FNAR mags are nearly identical externally (As far as dimensions go, at least).

FNtacticalNUT
custom title: GOOD ole VIRGINIA

Post by FNtacticalNUT » 07 Dec 2011, 18:51

I will take one if it is left.
I sent you an email so please let me know. :D :clap:

sabotteur

Post by sabotteur » 08 Dec 2011, 06:23

FNTacticalNut has claims on one. One left. Someone buy it before I'm forced to buy a harris bi-pod for it, and have to mount a simmon's pro-sport 3-9x40 scope on her and display her at the next gunshow I have coming up at the end of the month! :D

SeaHawkDriver-B

Post by SeaHawkDriver-B » 08 Dec 2011, 10:14

Speaking of which, I see that A&A is out of Virginia. I'm out of Norfolk on this tour... maybe I could swing by one of your booths at some of the gun shows next year. I checked out a few in the Hamton Roads area last year and they all SUCKED. NO used guns, just vendors selling limited new stock at pretty much the same prices as their showrooms.

s-industries
Gold Member
custom title: M.E.

Post by s-industries » 08 Dec 2011, 10:19

Man I would love to get one of these. I've got to see if I can sell my AR-15 Frankengun, this is killing me!

sabotteur

Post by sabotteur » 12 Dec 2011, 05:19

Looks like these current two are spoken for. I think I can still get these so just e-mail or PM if still interested.

sabotteur

Post by sabotteur » 12 Dec 2011, 05:20

SeaHawkDriver-B wrote:Speaking of which, I see that A&A is out of Virginia. I'm out of Norfolk on this tour... maybe I could swing by one of your booths at some of the gun shows next year. I checked out a few in the Hamton Roads area last year and they all SUCKED. NO used guns, just vendors selling limited new stock at pretty much the same prices as their showrooms.
Best thing is to drive up to the Showplace show in Richmond. It will be a two hour drive for you, but it's worth it. There are about 800 tables or so. Get alot of folks that come up from NC and GA so you get a better selection than you do from the VA Beach and Hampton Roads show.

sabotteur

Post by sabotteur » 14 Dec 2011, 05:12

Had a drop out on one of these, so got one in stock that is back up and available.

SeaHawkDriver-B

Post by SeaHawkDriver-B » 19 Jan 2012, 15:17

I'm getting excited now, just ordered the glass for mine. Going with the PEPR mount and Trijicon Accupoint TR20-2G 3-9x40 MILDOT, seemed very reasonably priced at around $600. I wanted something simple, seemed to fit the bill.

fooschnickens

Post by fooschnickens » 19 Jan 2012, 16:04

I need to get some QD levers for my PEPR. When I ordered mine they weren't yet available and I haven't heard back from Burris about whether they'll let me buy a set.

Also, here's the new glass mounted on the PEPR:

Don't mind the ching-chong bipod, it's got a harris now. :)