WTT FN 5.7 Five_seveN IOM Prototype - SOLD

Post firearms for sale or want to buy requests.
Forum rules
1. Prices MUST be listed. No "make offer" ads.

2. No links to auction sites.

3. List your location in either the title, thread content or your profile.

4. Dealers must subscribe or email me at [email protected] to discuss options.

5. You must have a minimum of 50 posts on this board to post WTS advertisements, or have a paid membership. Insignificant posts and smilies do not count.

6. Do not bump your ad unless it is no longer visible on the 1st page.

Thank you for your cooperation. If you have any questions, feel free to PM or email me.
jecsr

WTT FN 5.7 Five_seveN IOM Prototype - SOLD

Post by jecsr » 17 Nov 2011, 17:39

Sold :D

This one has all the original components that came with it from the factory.

Looking to trade for Optics, FN SCAR 17S, M1A Scout, something in a 308/7.62 platform,
Accuracy International AX Chassis Short Action M700 Black Stock, Ammo in 5.7x28mm or 308/7.62x51 or ???.
Open to any and all trades. +or- cash.

Last edited by jecsr on 31 Dec 2011, 08:45, edited 2 times in total.

SeaHawkDriver-B
Location: Embarked on 2 acres of floating Soverign US Territory

Re: WTT FN 5.7 Five_seveN IOM Prototype

Post by SeaHawkDriver-B » 17 Nov 2011, 19:23

What make it a prototype? Looks like mine but has no picatinny serrations on the accessory rail.

jecsr

Post by jecsr » 17 Nov 2011, 20:03

SeaHawkDriver-B wrote:What make it a prototype? Looks like mine but has no picatinny serrations on the accessory rail.
The IOM Prototype. Is a very collectable piece for the Five_seveN enthusiast and comes with all the original components. There have been several variants before the current USG model that everyone is aware of. First FN came out with a DAO model, then the Tactical, IOM and finally the USG. The IOM prototype was a very small run of modified Tacticals that were made for the IOM trials. It is the rarest version of FsN made. It was pre-IOM and these were not made for sale to anyone, Officers or the public. After the trial they were given to some selected people. You can tell an "IOM" Prototype from a military/law enforcement only Tactical by first, the serial number is in IOM format (3861xxxxx), not Tactical format (386Mxxxxx). Secondly, the serial is embedded in a metal strip above the accessory rail instead of silk-screened onto the frame above the grip. Finally, the IOM Prototype has adjustable low profile rear sight where the LE/Military Tactical had small, fixed sights and the magazine capacity was reduced to ten rounds by epoxying in a block of plastic in the bottom of the stack.

jecsr

Post by jecsr » 27 Dec 2011, 16:22

Updated with more trade ideas.

flyingirish04
Gold Member
custom title: Mtn Man in Flatland

Post by flyingirish04 » 27 Dec 2011, 16:26

I have a Leupold Mk 4 6.5-20x50mm LR/T with Mk 4 Rings and bases I would sell you, plus cash of course. Send me a pm if interested.
Killed Two Stones with One Bird.

Iyyob

Post by Iyyob » 27 Dec 2011, 16:35

what about a cash price ? and where can i find more info on these prototypes and stuff ?

jecsr

Post by jecsr » 27 Dec 2011, 16:58

flyingirish04 wrote:I have a Leupold Mk 4 6.5-20x50mm LR/T with Mk 4 Rings and bases I would sell you, plus cash of course. Send me a pm if interested.
PM sent.

jecsr

Post by jecsr » 27 Dec 2011, 17:03

Iyyob wrote:what about a cash price ? and where can i find more info on these prototypes and stuff ?
It's hard to put a price on this one since there's nothing to compare it too.

All the information I can provide is what I have posted. Can anyone else share information on it ? TIA

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod
custom title: UT/EA Pistol Captain

Post by blueorison » 27 Dec 2011, 17:23

I would think they sell for 1500-1700.

The regular IOM models are worth 200-300 more than the USG models, so the IOM original should be about 500 more.

I have seen on original IOM sit for 2000$ WTS for a very long time before trades were made for it.

There is a market for selling it, it's just that those who would pay that much for a gun to sit in the safe already have 3 of them sitting in the safe.

But I would hold out for a few more months :) Forsure. And if I were you, I would definitely do what you're doing and trade it in. You'll definitely get a better deal that way. People are always more ready to part with guns they can replace in place of a harder to find gun, versus them being able to see their bank statement in black and white numbers.

It's a psychological and though process thing that never fails.
Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity.
The shooter will always matter more than the gear ever will.
Stop relying on others to do the work for you.
Shoot more, worry less.

SeaHawkDriver-B

Post by SeaHawkDriver-B » 27 Dec 2011, 20:20

Maybe I should have rephrased the question, whats the difference between an IOM, and an IOM Prototype? My IOM has all the features you described above. I bought it NIB in like 2004ish.

jecsr

Post by jecsr » 27 Dec 2011, 20:59

OK. Notice the difference in the slide, the low profile adjustable sights and no picatinny rail.
The IOM Prototype is actually a Tactical that had three modifications.
1st, The fixed rear sight was replaced with a adjustable rear sight. Notice how low the front sight is compared to the taller ones on the std IOM.
2nd, The serial number was changed to a new numbering system, moved to a new location and stamped in metal.
3rd, A mag safety was added.
In the picture below on the left is a STD IOM and on the right is a Tactical.

flyingirish04
Gold Member

Post by flyingirish04 » 27 Dec 2011, 21:37

SeaHawkDriver-B wrote:Maybe I should have rephrased the question, whats the difference between an IOM, and an IOM Prototype? My IOM has all the features you described above. I bought it NIB in like 2004ish.

Actually it doesn't. The IOM prototype doesn't have the picatiny rail, nor does it have the IOM sights. It is instead a lower profile set of adjustable sights that FN went away from because they were too expensive for mass production (so I was told by FNH).

Far fewer IOM Prototypes were made, which makes them more valuable. In this market, it is hard to say, but I think $1500 for a used model is about in the ball park, with an unfired version going for at least $200 more. If this were 4 or 5 years ago, you could get $2K easy for a LNIB model.

SeaHawkDriver-B

Post by SeaHawkDriver-B » 28 Dec 2011, 10:50

Thanks for the info, now I know the difference! And knowing is half the battle! I'm still happy being the original owner of my IOM :) But I need the higher profile sights due to the Gemtech SFN-57 hanging off the front :D

Yo JO!

flyingirish04
Gold Member

Post by flyingirish04 » 28 Dec 2011, 20:18

Yeah, I know what you mean. I hate having to replace sights when putting a can on.