Handgun for a broken old Soldier

Discuss the FN Handgun lineup; the High Power, FNP, and FNX line.
Texchappy

Handgun for a broken old Soldier

Post by Texchappy » 01 Feb 2020, 10:36

Salutations and Howdy. My name is Tony and I’m a wounded warrior*. I lead with that because it has a bearing on what I’m doing here; I have TBI and nerve damage that leaves me weak and and with painfully sensitive skin.

I’m looking for a handgun. I was drawn to the newly released Ruger 57 but the gun store had sold the only one they had received. I handled the FN FiveseveN and really liked the feel of it. The 5.7*28 round sounds on what I’ve read as a good fit for my needs (light weapon with low recoil but still decent damage dealing if God forbid I need it). Found the gun reddit and it seems disliked there but those answering didn’t seem terribly knowledgeable.

I’m looking at getting a FiveseveN and while I can a PS90 to pair with it. Given my needs and what those weapons offer, I ask you good folks if I’m on the right track?

*I was a Chaplain so I didn’t carry a rifle or sidearm for my entire nine years in. In fact, I’ve only shot once since I was a kid — and that’s been a fair bit of time.

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod
custom title: UT/EA Pistol Captain

Re: Handgun for a broken old Soldier

Post by blueorison » 03 Feb 2020, 21:08

Welcome, Texchappy! Great name!

I'll shoot you a PM. We have another chaplain on here. Also, I'm in Texas...if I infer your nickname, correctly.
Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity.
The shooter will always matter more than the gear ever will.
Stop relying on others to do the work for you.
Shoot more, worry less.

Texchappy

Re: Handgun for a broken old Soldier

Post by Texchappy » 03 Feb 2020, 21:53

blueorison wrote:
03 Feb 2020, 21:08
Welcome, Texchappy! Great name!

I'll shoot you a PM. We have another chaplain on here. Also, I'm in Texas...if I infer your nickname, correctly.
Lived in Austin many years ago and live in Lubbock now.